Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
THE WHITE MAMBA
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
putting a 6.4 srv intake manifold ported and matched with 88mm arrington Tb on 5.7 challenger to pick up low end torque lost from cam ,any opinions etc

·
Premium Member
12,627 Posts
I am going to assume you have a tune to take advantage of all of this?

·
THE WHITE MAMBA
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course I will have it tuned have 2 tuners ,it’s already cammed

·
THE WHITE MAMBA
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to assume you have a tune to take advantage of all of this?
Really you have to use an msd box and window switch to work the srv unless you want it to stay in long runner mode

·
THE WHITE MAMBA
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really need input here anything from tire ,rim size to intake,because after I did the cam and srt headers and 3.70 differential from a hellcat my 0-60 is still worse than with just CAI and hemifever tune I’m pretty pissed,I definitely need more tuning I know the car has more in it but I have to install Calibrate the wideband sensor first PITA

·
Registered
70 Posts
I can't find dyno data. I did the mod, dyno'd, and lost 30hp our of the hole(this compared to a ported 5.7l intake manifold) and a nosedive in hp and torque at 4600rpm(what I had set as my switch.

My tuner thinks the shop that did the work hooked it up backwards(I thought the long runner was the default position-not necessarily). I'm taking it back to the shop, armed with the graph and some notes by a member who helped troubleshoot possible issues. I will get it looked at. If adjustments are made, I will re-dyno. I keep hearing "seat of the pants" testimonials, we'll see.

My best 0-60sec in a 6M 5.7L was 5.12sec with the ported 5.7L intake manifold, I'm now getting 5.44sec.
It is maddening going backwards with performance mods, I feel your pain. In time, I'll get you some hard data.

Mark

·
Registered
180 Posts
Damn...and to think how close i was do doing this mod...sorry i cant be of more help but there was a thread somewhere here if you do some searching, he did a step by step wire up for the 6.4 active intake to the 5.7

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm not saying the mod won't yield dividends. If one could penetrate the cabal who first did this modification on LX Forum. one might find some hard data. Their exalted position is impervious to scrutiny, unfortunately. The political and elitist posturing on some of these forums astounds me, sometimes. Others, in the spirit of sharing in a hobby we love and aiding a fellow enthusiast, are outstanding and share, as good people.

I'm still searching for my 15rwhp(20 ft/ibs of torque), out of the SRV intake, along with the 10 rwhp that HRNetwork claimed I'd get out of my SOS ignition upgrade to modern Hemi's- cranking 40,000 volts. I was poised for 25rwhp and went 30rwhp in the wrong direction. I'm still butt-sore from that-I hit the dyno on day 1 of my summer vacation, thinking I would be putting a total of 455rwhp to the ground(430rwhp was my previous best, again with ported 5.7L intake, cam, full exhaust and every hp I could squeeze out of the smallest of upgrades-I was on a mission) and cruise the Okanagan feeling sublime. After my result, I was on 24hr suicide watch. Now...I'm staring at 401rwhp! Dude, said it...heartbreaking really!
I have to collect myself, get back on the horse and fix this reality.

(A bit dramatic, but, we love our chariots)

Mark

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm not saying the mod won't yield dividends. If one could penetrate the cabal who first did this modification on LX Forum. one might find some hard data. Their exalted position is impervious to scrutiny, unfortunately. The political and elitist posturing on some of these forums astounds me, sometimes. Others, in the spirit of sharing in a hobby we love and aiding a fellow enthusiast, are outstanding and share, as good people.

I'm still searching for my 15rwhp(20 ft/ibs of torque), out of the SRV intake, along with the 10 rwhp that HRNetwork claimed I'd get out of my SOS ignition upgrade to modern Hemi's- cranking 40,000 volts. I was poised for 25rwhp and went 30rwhp in the wrong direction. I'm still butt-sore from that-I hit the dyno on day 1 of my summer vacation, thinking I would be putting a total of 455rwhp to the ground(430rwhp was my previous best, again with ported 5.7L intake, cam, full exhaust and every hp I could squeeze out of the smallest of upgrades-I was on a mission) and cruise the Okanagan feeling sublime. After my result, I was on 24hr suicide watch. Now...I'm staring at 401rwhp! Dude, said it...heartbreaking really!
I have to collect myself, get back on the horse and fix this reality.

(A bit dramatic, but, we love our chariots)

Mark
But what does the butt dyno say?

·
THE WHITE MAMBA
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't find dyno data. I did the mod, dyno'd, and lost 30hp our of the hole(this compared to a ported 5.7l intake manifold) and a nosedive in hp and torque at 4600rpm(what I had set as my switch.

My tuner thinks the shop that did the work hooked it up backwards(I thought the long runner was the default position-not necessarily). I'm taking it back to the shop, armed with the graph and some notes by a member who helped troubleshoot possible issues. I will get it looked at. If adjustments are made, I will re-dyno. I keep hearing "seat of the pants" testimonials, we'll see.

My best 0-60sec in a 6M 5.7L was 5.12sec with the ported 5.7L intake manifold, I'm now getting 5.44sec.
It is maddening going backwards with performance mods, I feel your pain. In time, I'll get you some hard data.

Mark
I now have two 6.4 manifold my mechanic gave me one that has the srv (I guess 3 bolt on back)however on both 6.4 what part is it that’s missing in the back passenger side??? I can’t figure it out ,map sensor?

·
THE WHITE MAMBA
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Someone called it the runner plug wtf is that?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey fellow members, I have an update.

I'm no electrician, I farmed out the work. It came down to 'disconnecting the grey wire and connecting the yellow wire, instead.' I'm sorry this is so cryptic, I'm paraphrasing the technician, maybe it will help.

I won't get over to Vancouver-for dyno results- till spring, so all I have is anecdotal evidence, save for an improvement on 0-60.
Recall, I had stated that, hooked backward, I was getting a 0-60 of 5.44 sec. My best was with a ported 5.7L intake manifold, 0-60 in 5.12 sec. Keep in mind this is a 6M car, the "rowing" costs time, relative to the automatics. Well, the rain stopped(1 month straight), the roads were reasonably dry-some moisture still. I backed off some, some wheel spin and got 4.97 sec. I finally broke into the 4's. I know this can be improved upon.
Butt dyno feels the low end torque(I have to say, significantly) and goes like a raped ape when short runners kick in. It's a different car. Way fun to drive. Born again. I'm so pleased with the choice of going this direction. I'll give a shout out to the member who helped trouble shoot the problem next post, once I shoot him a message.

Can't wait for dry roads and dyno hard data. I ported the 6.4 SRV manifold so I want to see if that was worth more HP than reported non-ported results.

Regards,
Mark

·
THE WHITE MAMBA
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I'm no electrician, I farmed out the work. It came down to 'disconnecting the grey wire and connecting the yellow wire, instead.' I'm sorry this is so cryptic, I'm paraphrasing the technician, maybe it will help.

I won't get over to Vancouver-for dyno results- till spring, so all I have is anecdotal evidence, save for an improvement on 0-60.
Recall, I had stated that, hooked backward, I was getting a 0-60 of 5.44 sec. My best was with a ported 5.7L intake manifold, 0-60 in 5.12 sec. Keep in mind this is a 6M car, the "rowing" costs time, relative to the automatics. Well, the rain stopped(1 month straight), the roads were reasonably dry-some moisture still. I backed off some, some wheel spin and got 4.97 sec. I finally broke into the 4's. I know this can be improved upon.
Butt dyno feels the low end torque(I have to say, significantly) and goes like a raped ape when short runners kick in. It's a different car. Way fun to drive. Born again. I'm so pleased with the choice of going this direction. I'll give a shout out to the member who helped trouble shoot the problem next post, once I shoot him a message.

Can't wait for dry roads and dyno hard data. I ported the 6.4 SRV manifold so I want to see if that was worth more HP than reported non-ported results.

Regards,
Mark
Disconnect which grey wire to what ? And connected yellow wire from what to what , who was doing this ? “Mechanics” of what trade bro ,anyway good for you

·
THE WHITE MAMBA
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Regards,
Mark
Btw I’m an electrician but u certainly don’t need to b one to use ur brain

·
THE WHITE MAMBA
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn...and to think how close i was do doing this mod...sorry i cant be of more help but there was a thread somewhere here if you do some searching, he did a step by step wire up for the 6.4 active intake to the 5.7
It’s a good mod for cammed 5.7 ,the bad results was one person not wiring it rt ,in fact backwards,which would show how significant it is as a mod he lost 30 tq down low that’s prooof of it being backwards because it gives around 30tq below 4K rpms,again this is more for cammed cars though

1 - 20 of 28 Posts