Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a way to boost the 470 hp to 500-505 hp and not alter the underhood appearance from stock? I want to keep the car stock appearing and I am new to the modern Hemi. I forgot, it has CORSA Extreme exhaust and a K&N air filter.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T Auto
37,906 Posts
Contact Hemifever, he's a vendor here dealing with the Diablo tuners. You could probably get near that with one of his tunes. He could tell you for sure.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You may already be there. Most HP ratings are low balled. The NHRA , I believe has rated the 392 at 500 or a little better. The old 426 was rated at 425 but it produced closer to 500. That engine was rated low for insurance reasons.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You may already be there. Most HP ratings arte low balled. The NHRA , I believe has rated the 392 at 500 or a little better. The old 426 was rated at 425 but it produced closer to 500. That engine was rated low for insurance reasons.
Thank you Ken. I don't want a world beater, but 500 just rolls off the tongue better than 470 LOL.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I know a guy who works for Mopar performance and he told me that they can do a lot of aftermarket items and really get the 6.4 up in the HP range.

When SRT was developing the 6.4, he told me that the first ones to come out for testing were in the 550 hp range, but the torque numbers were in the low 400's. They made some changes and got the torque numbers up but the hp numbers came down but the car was faster 0-60 with the 470/470 configuration.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know a guy who works for Mopar performance and he told me that they can do a lot of aftermarket items and really get the 6.4 up in the HP range.

When SRT was developing the 6.4, he told me that the first ones to come out for testing were in the 550 hp range, but the torque numbers were in the low 400's. They made some changes and got the torque numbers up but the hp numbers came down but the car was faster 0-60 with the 470/470 configuration.
Thank you for the info. I don't want to lose any torque for sure. I will wait until I actually have the car before I get really serious about trying to find 30hp. What is the story on the GF chips advertised above?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Is there a way to boost the 470 hp to 500-505 hp and not alter the underhood appearance from stock? I want to keep the car stock appearing and I am new to the modern Hemi. I forgot, it has CORSA Extreme exhaust and a K&N air filter.
If I can get my 5.7 to 450-460 hp/tq and it look pretty stock if you don't know any better, then I'm pretty sure you can bump up 30hp/tq without much effort.

Cam, tune, CAI, long tube headers, ported heads, high flow cats, performance exhaust

These are all things that can be hidden or undetected to appear stock when popping the hood.

You may already be there. Most HP ratings are low balled. The NHRA , I believe has rated the 392 at 500 or a little better. The old 426 was rated at 425 but it produced closer to 500. That engine was rated low for insurance reasons.
Btw, it's not pushing anymore then they advertise, your car is 470/470 from the factory. Maybe +/- 5 off give or take, but not 30, haha!

·
Registered
115 Posts
If I can get my 5.7 to 450-460 hp/tq and it look pretty stock if you don't know any better, then I'm pretty sure you can bump up 30hp/tq without much effort.

Cam, tune, CAI, long tube headers, ported heads, high flow cats, performance exhaust

These are all things that can be hidden or undetected to appear stock when popping the hood.

Btw, it's not pushing anymore then they advertise, your car is 470/470 from the factory. Maybe +/- 5 off give or take, but not 30, haha!
Your probilibly right because I've seen dyno now that show rwhp at about 418 adding 50hp that is lost in the power train that puts it at 470. Just remember reading somewhere that it was more. Tried looking it up on the NHRA web site but they have it all screwed up. They have a 392 listed at 375 hp in a 2010 with the drag pack. 392 didn't come out till 2011 and it cetainly wasn't rated at 375 hp from the factory. Emailed them for clarification and got back an email which said nothing. They claim the Drag Pak came with either a 370 (6.1) or a 392 (6.4) and said nothing about the fact that they have the OEM rating for the 392 at 375 Hp

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your probilibly right because I've seen dyno now that show rwhp at about 418 adding 50hp that is lost in the power train that puts it at 470. Just remember reading somewhere that it was more. Tried looking it up on the NHRA web site but they have it all screwed up. They have a 392 listed at 375 hp in a 2010 with the drag pack. 392 didn't come out till 2011 and it cetainly wasn't rated at 375 hp from the factory. Emailed them for clarification and got back an email which said nothing. They claim the Drag Pak came with either a 370 (6.1) or a 392 (6.4) and said nothing about the fact that they have the OEM rating for the 392 at 375 Hp
I have Corsa Extreme exhaust and a K&N filter. Once I get the car in my drive, I will dig deeper into "shadow" mods to up the performance a little.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.