Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just had Kooks longtubes and catted pipes installed and later that week when I jumped on it a bit, she threw a 0P0420 code. After I cleared it and road tested it, close to full throttle, she threw another code, 0P430. I spoke with the installing shop and they suggested a custom tune. I also have a throttle body spacer, but she didn't react to it at all. I tried to reach Diablosport, but their systems are down. I am hesitant to drive her with this problem, and wondered if anyone had similar issues. Hate these computers, and remember the days of one fan belt and the smell of gas from the fuel bowl, but twice annual points/plugs/condenser time.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I had headers/high flow cats installed on my 345 with a dyno and unlocked ECM. After 2 days I started showing a code don't remember what it was. I took it back and he said it was an exhaust sensor. He just bypassed it via his laptop.

Reactions: WICU

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had it to the dyno shop, trying to find one near me, but I also was looking for a tuner kit I could use myself. I have a 2021 and it may be more finicky than previous years. ( I also remember Rat Fink)

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I believe if they put it on a dyno they’re gonna be able to deal with throwing codes not to mention increase your HP. I went from 375 HP to 410 HP. The performance increase is very noticeable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe if they put it on a dyno they’re gonna be able to deal with throwing codes not to mention increase your HP. I went from 375 HP to 410 HP. The performance increase is very noticeable.
Nice, just a matter of finding a good tuning shop in SW FL. The performance jump is most definitely noticeable. Except for the codes, she is a blast to drive.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Mine was unlocked and I still threw codes. I believe it is very common.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I could be wrong but if you add headers, you will need to unlock your ECM if using a DiableSport or have a Dyno tune. A locked ECM won't be able to deal with the amount of exhaust you are releasing now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, Brother. I suspect that i should have known, but this PCM business is new for me. The last set of headers I installed, I installed them on a pre PCM '76 Dodge Coronet 318.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
My local speed shop unlocked my PCM for $220.00, ran a dyno ($700.00), and fixed the codes that came up. I would recommend something similar. They also raised the rev limiter, opened the active exhaust by default, and turned off MDS.
You are right, this is not like the old days LOL.

Reactions: BAD GRANDPA

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think that is the path. I use Track mode to keep the active exhaust open and have rumble all the time, but I was looking into KAOS products to override the active. I don't break traction anyway as much as I do triple digits, so traction control is less important than sound. I like the idea of raising the rev limiter too.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
1,508 Posts
With a Locked PCM your going to get codes thrown really don't recommend to try to tune an Locked PCM this day and age.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts