Dodge Challenger Forum banner

541 - 560 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #541 ·
Yes I did. Sorry for the delay but I haven't been on here in many months. I'll see if I remember how to post a picture. View attachment 104807
It was a tribute to my Wife. The guy did such a great job on it. The picture looks exactly like her. I get a lot of people commenting on it and also take pictures of it, when I go to car meets. I feel that she is riding with me whenever I take the car out.

Reactions: superbird6bbl

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very nice tribute...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Great thread, beautiful tribute! Glad to see that you are now at a point that you can enjoy the ride! I can certainly relate to the kind of power you get to play with, you definitely have to respect it. Good luck to you in the future, you have a beautiful car there.

Also, if you still have the factory wheels you are trying to unload, I'm looking for an extra set for my car, maybe we can work a deal on them.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #545 ·
Man that's great it does look good !!!
Thank you very much. It took a while for him to do because the pad soaks up the paint so its like doing the mural over and over again. It was well worth the wait though. At our weekly car meets people always come over and look at it and take pictures.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #546 ·

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #547 ·
Great thread, beautiful tribute! Glad to see that you are now at a point that you can enjoy the ride! I can certainly relate to the kind of power you get to play with, you definitely have to respect it. Good luck to you in the future, you have a beautiful car there.

Also, if you still have the factory wheels you are trying to unload, I'm looking for an extra set for my car, maybe we can work a deal on them.
Thank you. I have decided to hold on to my factory wheels as a second set. The rubber on them has low miles on them, so at one point I might use them again.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #548 ·

·
Registered
986 Posts
I love that picture of your wife under the hood and going to do the same,my wife passed away a few years ago so know how you feel!
My 2011 SRT is fine in stock trim and only put bigger meats in the rear(295x45x20 Nitto G2)and still can break loose at highway speeds and maybe you seen some vids of my 71 twin turbo (Purple Haze)Charger-1400 HP @ 2650 lbs which I sold when NHRA change the rules for fast ET,anyways that's another story.
What kind of times does your monster run?
challenger2.jpg

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #550 · (Edited)
I have never raced it. No tracks on Long Island. Plus they just stopped all drag racing at Old Bridge- Raceway Park In New Jersey. So really no place close anymore. Maybe one day I’ll just set up the program In the car and set up for 1/4 mile and just do it on the Parkway. After 9 am it’s deserted except for the police that hide.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have never raced it. No tracks on Long Island. Plus they just stopped all drag racing at Old Bridge- Raceway Park In New Jersey. So really no place close anymore. Maybe one day I’ll just set up the program In the car and set up for 1/4 mile and just do it on the Parkway. After 9 am it’s deserted except for the police that hide.
How have you been ?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #552 ·
Hi, I’m still hanging in there. Had some breathing issues this winter. It landed me in the hospital for a week. Plus I had bronchitis for 3 weeks in December. It’s starting to warm up here so I’ll have the Beast back on the road. Hope all is well with you.

Reactions: Mopar forever

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Man sorry for the hard times with your health. I noticed that you haven’t been around here for a while. Hope you get many miles on the car this summer

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #554 ·
Man sorry for the hard times with your health. I noticed that you haven’t been around here for a while. Hope you get many miles on the car this summer
Thank you. I’ll try. I’m in the process of getting the car ready. Having it checked over and getting the NYS inspection sticker. Going down to shop tomorrow to see what’s up. Hopefully I’ll bring it to either Captree or OBI next Sunday. I miss all the people there and I’m anxious to see everyone again.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #555 ·
My car is already to go. When will it stop raining. ProCharger now makes a SS mesh cover in place of the long cone shaped filter. We decided to try it out while the car was on the Mustang Dyno. Now my car produces 730 RWHP with the cone shaped filter on the ProCharger SuperCharger F1-R. 19 psi of Boost. The results are posted in one of my many pages within my build story. We than took that filter off and replaced it with the SS screen and the RWHP reading was 740. I wouldn’t have thought that it was possible, but the machine didn’t lie. We allowed the engine to cool off a while and tried again. Same 740 Number came up. On the 3rd pull the Number was 742. All you need to clean it is a quick wipe.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
My car is already to go. When will it stop raining. ProCharger now makes a SS mesh cover in place of the long cone shaped filter. We decided to try it out while the car was on the Mustang Dyno. Now my car produces 730 RWHP with the cone shaped filter on the ProCharger SuperCharger F1-R. 19 psi of Boost. The results are posted in one of my many pages within my build story. We than took that filter off and replaced it with the SS screen and the RWHP reading was 740. I wouldn’t have thought that it was possible, but the machine didn’t lie. We allowed the engine to cool off a while and tried again. Same 740 Number came up. On the 3rd pull the Number was 742. All you need to clean it is a quick wipe.
That’s awesome!!! You about to get her out and roast some tires ? Really tho that’s making some MONSTER POWERS

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #557 ·
Now as of January 2019. I am having a Mopar Speed Shop. (They only work on Mopars) revert me back to pump gas high test 93 instead of the E-85.

This new shop, True Street Performance, said they can get me the same or more RWHP as with the E-85.

E-85 is hard to find and you have to plan your trips to refill. That limits where you can drive to.
So with that change comes new fuel injectors and a Dyno Tune.

The tuner, AJ used to work at Arlington, I believe. He does tune Pro Stock Cars like Vincent Nobile. You can see him on TV at the starting line on occasion.

Anyway, I’ll get that done with an oil and filter change. Also the SuperCharger oil changed and the whole car gone over.

I’m tired of winter already. Good thing is we haven’t gotten any snow yet. Today is like a hurricane though with high gale force winds and heavy rain. That’s all for now. Maybe by the need of 2019 I’ll get the odometer up to 5,000 miles. It’s only a Sunday car.

·
15 R/T Scat Pack from Spokane WA
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
233 Posts
Sounds like it you will still be getting some good power to the ground!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #559 ·
Yes. Whatever it comes out to be, I’ll post it on here.

I doubt I’ll ever race it. They would rather build Condo’s than a race track here. So I’ll just enjoy it on the road and car meets.

It’s set up to race, which was my goal. Once it gets in your blood it stays there forever. I still reminisce about my 69 RoadRunner and the races I had with that car. I was 19 at the time and crazy. Most of us mellow at as we grow older. I still have 2 of the trophies left.

My little dog loves to take rides with me in the Challenger. I strap him in. I think it would be cool if they made a little helmet for him. Just as a goof.

My friends ask me at the meets, “OK what’s new on the car now. I love gadgets and get little things to make it more personal for me. I never really followed the crowd.

So here’s wishing all members a short winter, a great spring, summer and fall. Happy roads ahead. Be safe. I’ll try to keep up on here but not to much new lately.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes. Whatever it comes out to be, I’ll post it on here.

I doubt I’ll ever race it. They would rather build Condo’s than a race track here. So I’ll just enjoy it on the road and car meets.

It’s set up to race, which was my goal. Once it gets in your blood it stays there forever. I still reminisce about my 69 RoadRunner and the races I had with that car. I was 19 at the time and crazy. Most of us mellow at as we grow older. I still have 2 of the trophies left.

My little dog loves to take rides with me in the Challenger. I strap him in. I think it would be cool if they made a little helmet for him. Just as a goof.

My friends ask me at the meets, “OK what’s new on the car now. I love gadgets and get little things to make it more personal for me. I never really followed the crowd.

So here’s wishing all members a short winter, a great spring, summer and fall. Happy roads ahead. Be safe. I’ll try to keep up on here but not to much new lately.
I know the feeling about racing. I started racing my 69.5 A12 Bee in 1970, which I purchased on Sept.04 69, and I still race every weekend that the track is open. I still have the Bee but I now race a 66 Coronet.

541 - 560 of 593 Posts