Dodge Challenger Forum banner

561 - 580 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #561 ·
I know the feeling about racing. I started racing my 69.5 A12 Bee in 1970, which I purchased on Sept.04 69, and I still race every weekend that the track is open. I still have the Bee but I now race a 66 Coronet.
That is so nice. I wish I still had my RoadRunner but life came along. Marriage, kids, college, cars for them. I gave my car up to calm down. I wish you the best of luck in all your races.

Reactions: superbird6bbl

·
Registered
424 Posts
Do I need to go to a different Forum to ask this question? My 2011 Inaugural Edition Challenger is stock except for a tune. I would like an upgrade or two, if necessary, to get it to a 12 flat in the 1/4 mile. I have ran as quick as a 7.83 in the 1/8 mile which on paper is 12.20's in the 1/4. With the way that it pulls near the end of the 1/8th, it feels as though it is really waking up.

·
15 R/T Scat Pack from Spokane WA
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
233 Posts
Well you have the 6.4 so this is a good forum. Some of the members have really done a lot with their engines. The new Dodge 1320 is claimed to be able to dip into the high 11s with the same 485hp 6.4, with different gearing probably, so your goal is definitely attainable if not a bit modest. But I’ll let the fat more experienced members answer.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well you have the 6.4 so this is a good forum. Some of the members have really done a lot with their engines. The new Dodge 1320 is claimed to be able to dip into the high 11s with the same 485hp 6.4, with different gearing probably, so your goal is definitely attainable if not a bit modest. But I’ll let the fat more experienced members answer.
Is the 2800 stall convertor a good place to start? My class, Sportsman, only allows 7.50 1/8th.and 12 flat 1/4 mile times.

·
233 Posts
I couldn’t answer that, sorry. I never got that far into my Scat Pack with the A8. And I sort of cheated, just traded my Scat Pack in for a Redeye.

·
233 Posts
What color is your Redeye? Automatic only I understand?
B5 Blue, but couldn’t afford the wide body. I figure fircfor the track I can swap on some drag radials anyways. And I was thinking the Redeye package would handle more power down the road. I really like it so far, but I really have to keep out of it the first 500 miles, and we have 20-30 degree weather with days of ice and snow, so I can’t give too many road reports lol

·
233 Posts
I still think the Scat Pack was a great car, got great highway gas mileage for its power, when I traveled across the state to visit family (270miles) I used about a half a tank. My old 78 Camaro I would hAve to fill up half way

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
There is E85 around here everywhere. I kind of was shocked it's not available all over like it is here. I wish I could run it just to see the difference.

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
Now as of January 2019. I am having a Mopar Speed Shop. (They only work on Mopars) revert me back to pump gas high test 93 instead of the E-85.

This new shop, True Street Performance, said they can get me the same or more RWHP as with the E-85.

E-85 is hard to find and you have to plan your trips to refill. That limits where you can drive to.
So with that change comes new fuel injectors and a Dyno Tune.

The tuner, AJ used to work at Arlington, I believe. He does tune Pro Stock Cars like Vincent Nobile. You can see him on TV at the starting line on occasion.

Anyway, I’ll get that done with an oil and filter change. Also the SuperCharger oil changed and the whole car gone over.

I’m tired of winter already. Good thing is we haven’t gotten any snow yet. Today is like a hurricane though with high gale force winds and heavy rain. That’s all for now. Maybe by the need of 2019 I’ll get the odometer up to 5,000 miles. It’s only a Sunday car.
Just curious if you drove your car in winter? If so, did you have to load an alternate tune for the reformulated E-85 winter formula in order for the car to run correctly?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 ·
Just curious if you drove your car in winter? If so, did you have to load an alternate tune for the reformulated E-85 winter formula in order for the car to run correctly?
I don’t drive it in winter. If it doesn’t stay in my garage it stays in a trailer at the speed shop. I use my 2014 Dodge Dart for everyday driving.

The Challenger comes out usually only on Sundays weather permitting. Never in rain, snow, ice, or if there is salt on roads.
That’s why I don’t even have 5000 miles on it yet.

I’m going to visit it today. Lol

Reactions: jklotz10

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,195 Posts
Do I need to go to a different Forum to ask this question? My 2011 Inaugural Edition Challenger is stock except for a tune. I would like an upgrade or two, if necessary, to get it to a 12 flat in the 1/4 mile. I have ran as quick as a 7.83 in the 1/8 mile which on paper is 12.20's in the 1/4. With the way that it pulls near the end of the 1/8th, it feels as though it is really waking up.
Is the 2800 stall convertor a good place to start? My class, Sportsman, only allows 7.50 1/8th.and 12 flat 1/4 mile times.
I run right at 12. with a tune and drag radials, I'm thinking about putting in a stall to get that initial surge and I should be in the upper 11's consistently. The new 6.4's with the A8 have a better launch with the first gear they have.
012.JPG

·
Registered
424 Posts
I run right at 12. with a tune and drag radials, I'm thinking about putting in a stall to get that initial surge and I should be in the upper 11's consistently. The new 6.4's with the A8 have a better launch with the first gear they have. View attachment 166430
Those are good runs. Our short times are about the same. It looks like maybe a new set of Drag radials and I should be good. Are you running 20"'s or 17's? Your 1/8th mile times are a little bit better than mine.

561 - 580 of 593 Posts