Dodge Challenger Forum banner

581 - 593 of 593 Posts

·
15 R/T Scat Pack from Spokane WA
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
233 Posts
I think on 20” rims they recommend 10-11 inch wide for 305s but maybe different for 17”. Some depends on the brand tires.. it’s a debated subject for sure. Some people had significantly reduced tread wear with 305s on 9 inch rim filled at the recommenced pressure. He was running Goodyear F1s. M/Ts might be better

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,195 Posts
Thank you. I have a set of reproduction 17" Cobra wheels but they are only 9" wide. Are they wide enough for 305 M/T's? What wheel are you running?
I have the same set up as you, 9" in to narrow but Grant @245pacer has a set on 9.5" and gets good launches and went thru a set of radials in a season with no issues and they wore even.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have the same set up as you, 9" in to narrow but Grant @245pacer has a set on 9.5" and gets good launches and went thru a set of radials in a season with no issues and they wore even.
I ran Nitto's on my stock wheels and went thru a set in a little over 3 months, but I did get down to 3 cars two weeks in a row. I was holding my Line Lock on too long and wasting a bunch of rubber. I have MT 275's on my stock wheels now. My 17" wheels have an old hard set of Nitto's which gave me a 1.74 60' so a fresh set should help.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
I had a new set arrived today. A couple hundred passes and hours to and from the track each time .
I think my best 60 is about a 1.54

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #585 · (Edited)
Here is a printout of my cars new Dyno tune from a shop that only does Mopars.

Also, I had them eliminate the E-85 fuel and went back to Sunoco 93 octane. It’s hard to find and it doesn’t like the cold weather.

They put in new 1050cc fuel injectors and new spark plugs.

The new numbers are 780.59 RWHP & 762.88 RWTQ as opposed to 730 RWHP & 702 RWTQ. Shows you how a professional tuner using the right tune can do.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #586 ·
Here is my car on the Dyno. This site wouldn’t allow me to do a video of it. Kept saying file is to big. It must be me not knowing how to do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #589 ·
Thank you. I’ll give it a try. Better yet I’ll let my Daughters show me. LOL.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #590 ·
I tried to upload the Dyno video to you tube. It said “ Invalid Video” not readable. Test if I send it out as a text it shows fine. I asked my Daughters. They never put a video on you tube so they don’t know how either. So for now all that is on here is the Dyno sheet the shop gave me.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #591 ·
I tried to upload the Dyno video to you tube. It said “ Invalid Video” not readable. Test if I send it out as a text it shows fine. I asked my Daughters. They never put a video on you tube so they don’t know how either. So for now all that is on here is the Dyno sheet the shop gave me.

·
Registered
201 Posts
How do you tell weather you have a 1, 2 or 3 BAR MAP sensor, I saw this on the Shop Hemi website, However I ordered a 2 bar Sensor from HHP and it had 3 lines on it.

581 - 593 of 593 Posts