Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
6=>8

Now, I'm just wondering, see...just wondering. :i_rolleyes:

Other than the pulley swap, what other work would need to be done to go up to #8 from #6 on the 5.7L? Fuel pump? Injectors?

Remember, I'm just curious :)

·
12,990 Posts

Other than the pulley swap, what other work would need to be done to go up to #8 from #6 on the 5.7L? Fuel pump? Injectors?

I really think you dont need anything now Jim, I have a 3.2 pulley on mine now which is giving me 8 lbs boost and im not having any problems.
That being said an Arrington fuel pump wouldn't be a bad idea, its cheap insurance, and a few other things like A/F & Boost gages.
If you go over 8 lbs then i would say you definitely go for the fuel pump and injectors and a few other things like 345 Chlngr did, He definitely went first class with his build.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really think you dont need anything now Jim, I have a 3.2 pulley on mine now which is giving me 8 lbs boost and im not having any problems. That being said an Arrington fuel pump wouldn't be a bad idea, its cheap insurance, and a few other things like A/F & Boost gages. If you go over 8 lbs then i would say you definitely go for the fuel pump and injectors...
I definitely want to look into the gauges for sure. Need to do a search and see if anyone's added them and done a write-up on it. I guess I'm gonna go for the Speedlogix mount that replaces the sunglass holder because I don't want them anywhere near the airbags on the A-pillar.

...and a few other things like 345 Chlngr did, He definitely went first class with his build.
Gonna look up his thread, think I remember seeing it before. Thanks for the post, Alan.

Just thought of one thing I'd definitely need to add....a new tune from Arrington for the increased boost!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Your Maggie Set-up should have came with 50lb Injectors. The API Competition Fuel Pump should be installed IMO just to be safe. Obviously you need the 3.2" Pulley for 8lbs of Boost, it will probably be more than that with Cold air under 40 degrees. If you don't have a Wideband Gauge than get one before you start upping the Boost. A Boost Gauge is nice too especially to help you stay out of Part Throttle Boost scenarios. I warn you though once you start going here you will want more, look how long it took you to go from 6 to wanting more. Just be ready to pay out for a Forged Motor once you start down this road.

Don't forget the most important part Tune that Bad Boy.

http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=94873

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your Maggie Set-up should have came with 50lb Injectors.
Was just on Arrington's page looking at things. Are the 50lb injectors suitable for 8 pounds of boost? I was thinking going to 8 pounds would put me over 500hp. Not sure on that, though.

The API Competition Fuel Pump should be installed IMO just to be safe. Obviously you need the 3.2" Pulley for 8lbs of Boost, it will probably be more than that with Cold air under 40 degrees.
Wondering if I could handle the fuel pump install myself. Though...I am about a 4hr drive from Arrington and could always make a trip of it and let them dial in the tune at the same time.

If you don't have a Wideband Gauge than get one before you start upping the Boost. A Boost Gauge is nice too especially to help you stay out of Part Throttle Boost scenarios.
Any info on the wideband and boost gauges? Think it was a Jegs catalog I was looking in the other night and they had a myriad of gauges that confused me more than anything else.

I warn you though once you start going here you will want more, look how long it took you to go from 6 to wanting more. Just be ready to pay out for a Forged Motor once you start down this road.
Hehe...can't say that wouldn't be awesome. In my head right now, I feel like once I break 500hp, I'll be content for a while.

Don't forget the most important part Tune that Bad Boy.

http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=94873
Off to read! Thanks :smileup:

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Was just on Arrington's page looking at things. Are the 50lb injectors suitable for 8 pounds of boost? I was thinking going to 8 pounds would put me over 500hp. Not sure on that, though.

Wondering if I could handle the fuel pump install myself. Though...I am about a 4hr drive from Arrington and could always make a trip of it and let them dial in the tune at the same time.

Any info on the wideband and boost gauges? Think it was a Jegs catalog I was looking in the other night and they had a myriad of gauges that confused me more than anything else.

Hehe...can't say that wouldn't be awesome. In my head right now, I feel like once I break 500hp, I'll be content for a while.

I'm putting my pump in this weekend. It comes with very thorough directions just like the Super charger did. Seems pretty straight forward. With the forum and a couple "help hot lines" haha I think I will get it done.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm putting my pump in this weekend. It comes with very thorough directions just like the Super charger did. Seems pretty straight forward. With the forum and a couple "help hot lines" haha I think I will get it done.
I get a little nervous working around fuel tanks...especially when there's wiring to do (yeah, even if the battery is disconnected; have had a few battery experiences that were not all that pleasant) :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
50lb injectors are good to 500HP with the right fuel pump.

Fuel Pump install is easy, just have fuel tank under 1/8 tank of fuel.

I would do the pillar gauges, best place to see them. Airbag does not interfere with them.

PM Me if you have any questions on anything... Thanks

-Stewart

·
Registered
313 Posts

Can't recall from your install thread, did you get a custom dyno tune w/ the install? If not, I'd do that before upgrading to 8lbs. Also, when I bought mine, I asked Arrington about the 8lb kit. I only have 91 oct here and was advised I would need a minimum of 93, so I went with the 6lb kit. Plan to stop by Arrington next year when I'm in that area to get a tune done by them.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I get a little nervous working around fuel tanks...especially when there's wiring to do (yeah, even if the battery is disconnected; have had a few battery experiences that were not all that pleasant) :)
Please share so I know what to look out for. I'm well aware of working with

gas but as dangerous as it can be I'll take all the info I can get. Thanks:smileup:

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PM Me if you have any questions on anything... Thanks
Thanks Stewart!

Can't recall from your install thread, did you get a custom dyno tune w/ the install? If not, I'd do that before upgrading to 8lbs.
Arrington did the tune as far as the car specs sheet sent to them and then they sent the tune file to the installer for uploading to the ECU. I've not had the car where they can test/tune it in person.

Also, when I bought mine, I asked Arrington about the 8lb kit. I only have 91 oct here and was advised I would need a minimum of 93, so I went with the 6lb kit. Plan to stop by Arrington next year when I'm in that area to get a tune done by them.
That's interesting...I'd have to go back to using E10 gas as my local puregas guy only goes up to 91.5

Please share so I know what to look out for. I'm well aware of working with
Not much to say really...I was just referring to an errant spark setting off gas fumes. I looked at the install doc and you do open the tank up (probably why they recommend the tank be close to empty). I've had a couple issues with shorted batteries. Once at work when a coworker shorted across a wet cell battery with a ratchet (big boom, flames and a mushroom cloud rolled past me as I was on a ladder next to the guy). The other time was when I was a teenager, wiring up a snow plow on a dump truck. Carelessness, the culprit. The top of the battery flew past my head and stuck in the roof. So, since those two incidents, I'm real slow and steady around batteries, yet still paranoid :). I work with batteries a lot, unfortunately, but that's the nature of the UPS business. :4-dontknow:

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Separate note wish I lived closer love to get that shaker back on.
Yeah, it kinda sucks. Guess I should have planned better. Mighta gotten the Cervini's and had no Shaker issues after the s/c went on. Ah well. I still like the AFR better, just need to get it redesigned to work. Was gonna swap hoods this weekend but never got motivated enough to do it. And now the temps have dropped quite a bit again with maybe a little bit of snow on Tuesday. So I guess I'm gonna drive it back to the storage area tomorrow. This coming weekend is looking warmer though so I'm sure I'll take tit out again. It's a dang rollercoaster. Need the Spring to get here and stay here!

saw this on Facebook LOL
Hah! That's pretty good!

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha...I did procure a smaller pulley for the Maggie. It's marked 3.0 but I measured it to be a bit bigger. Held up to the existing pulley, it's definitely a bit smaller. Wonder if I'll be able to take up the slack on the belt? And what kind of guideline is there on how taught to make it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts