Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever replace the clutch actuator? My 10 RT won't release the clutch all the way. It hooks up and holds fine when the pedal is out but won't release enough to put the car in gear when sitting still and the engine is running.

Limped it to the dealership today to talk to them and see if that could be the bad grease problem showing up finally and they said it wouldn't matter since I have 42,000 on the car now.

So do I go with a stock clutch, pressure plate and actuator or ?????

Or am I missing something simple that I need to check?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Anyone ever replace the clutch actuator? My 10 RT won't release the clutch all the way. It hooks up and holds fine when the pedal is out but won't release enough to put the car in gear when sitting still and the engine is running.

Limped it to the dealership today to talk to them and see if that could be the bad grease problem showing up finally and they said it wouldn't matter since I have 42,000 on the car now.

So do I go with a stock clutch, pressure plate and actuator or ?????

Or am I missing something simple that I need to check?
I would bet a paycheck that the gummed up grease on the input shaft is all that is wrong but the tear down is such a big job and so expensive it makes sence to go with all new clutch parts once its torn down if you are having to foot the bill. This is a real shame since a good cleaning and regreaseing with the right grease would most likely be all you would need for double that mileage. I'm waiting my turn on that ride too.:shakehead:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,558 Posts
When I had the grease problem diagnosed they said get in before 3 years or 36k, not sure why but I did.That was 1.5 years ago and it is still fine.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I thought the grease problem was a 09 specific issue, I hope my extended lifetime warranty will cover this if I end up having this issue, but so far so go at 55K miles on mine...

·
Registered
2010 Challenger 6M- Brilliant Black, 426 stroker, Hellcat rear cradle, ZF 3.90 diff, DSS 1 piece
2,771 Posts
you could try bleeding the line first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts