Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 srt manual. every once in a while it sticks or hangs up going from 1st to 2nd. It doesn't matter if Im taking it easy or getting on it. Every 1 in 20 or 30 times it just gets hung up between 1 and 2. I just tuned it with an Intune but cant see why that would make a difference. Guess Im looking to see if anyone has had that issue or complaint. I traded in a 2010 srt for the innaugaral 2011 and the 10 didn't do it until I returned the computer to stock with the previous intune. Any comments will be appreciated

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,535 Posts
Are you sure it's not the skip shift?

·
Registered
243 Posts
What do you mean by "sticks?" Doesn't allow you to shift into second? Won't let you pull out of 1st? Forces you into 4th?

·
Dazed & Confused
36,579 Posts
It forces you to go from 1st to 4th unless certain conditions are met. If you have installed a tune, I thought that disabled that function.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would make sense on my 10, never did it after I installed the tune till I restored it and drove it to the dealer to trade it in. the 11 does it either tuned or not.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,579 Posts
I'm not familiar with the tunes for the 11+ manuals. I would think it's part of the tune but maybe it's a separate setting? Someone in the know should chime in here shortly.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Skip shift is when you are going between 19-21 MPH, at 1/4 throttle or less, the tranny forces you to shift from 1st - 4th ... it won't allow you to shift into 2nd gear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im going to check with diablo about that. I just looked up shift skip eliminators and there pretty common and cheap. I was starting to think it was me

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
funny the dealer never mentioned it. Had it in once for oil and they wrote my description up as customer states tranny is slipping and no problem found. Thank you service techs.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I find it highly annoying ... 4th gear at 19-21 MPH is too tall, the engine just bogs. If I feel it happening I just shift into third and mumble curse words at some Dodge bean counter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im going to check with diablo bit in the mean time any suggestions on which eliminator would be better or are the all basically the same?

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
So is it forcing you to go into 4th instead of 2nd, or does the shifter itself start to act up? It sounds to me like you're just running into the stupid skip-shift feature. If your tune isn't getting rid of that, then you might want to call up Diablosport and tell them about it. Maybe you just need an updated tune or something.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I find it highly annoying ... 4th gear at 19-21 MPH is too tall, the engine just bogs. If I feel it happening I just shift into third and mumble curse words at some Dodge bean counter.
In all fairness it is your beans they are counting as it helps get the car out of the gas guzzler tax.:smileup:

·
Registered
389 Posts
What do you mean? I have an item on my invoice for Gas Guzzler Tax.
Sorry. :shakehead: Didn't realize you had the SRT. Unfortunately it doesn't help you out on that tax. Regarding the skip eliminators, i highly recommend one. That "feature" drove me nuts until i installed mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Really appreciate the info and lesson guys. Im waiting to hear from diablo about the dcx and hopefully that will clear up the issue. If not I will definitely be getting an eliminator.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts