Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local custom exhaust shop has quoted me a $600 price for custom exhaust.

- aluminum piping
- custom dual tips
- super 44
- custom piping

Basically they said i could get the flowmaster super 44 , except they would make the piping themselves and add on custom tips if i wanted.

Total price: $600 including installation. 1 year warranty.

FAIR PRICE?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't think the aluminum pipes will support the weight of the system. The hanger rods are where they are. While there may be a weight savings, the SS is stronger and probably cheaper than aluminum. SS is harder to bend. Maybe that's a limitation for them. I say don't do it. Don't confuse custom with professional.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They said stainless steel would run about $800.. what about that price?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ask them how much it would cost to just replace the muffler, remove the resonators and install a piece of tailpipe and put on the tips. It should save you labor for them having to bend the tailpipes, and the cost of the pipe. This should remove a few hundred bucks. You could always call around and ask for some other quotes as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ask them how much it would cost to just replace the muffler, remove the resonators and install a piece of tailpipe and put on the tips. It should save you labor for them having to bend the tailpipes, and the cost of the pipe. This should remove a few hundred bucks. You could always call around and ask for some other quotes as well.
I went with a rear muffler delete, pipes in their place. keeping the resonators. And custom tips.

$150 without tips
$250 with. Which i suppose the cost of the tips are $50-75, and then the labor, thats a fair price

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have stock pipe and tips on mine...stock mufflers and resonators removed...not sure of the series of flowmaster i have because i bought it that way but it sounds just like i wanted.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I am a little late with this but....

At 800 dollars I would have said absolutely not. At that point you are within 400-500 dollars for a Borla or Corsa cat-back system. You are probably only 200 away from a Solo Mach X system which might be the best bang for your buck in terms of cat back systems.

Is the set up different on Auto vs Manuals? Aren't the resonators in the back and mufflers in the middle? If you removed the resonators and added new mufflers you may have some drone issues do to the MDS in your car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Solo Mach X is 859ish, buy that if you spend that much money. I was quoted 360-390 for flowmaster super 44's and reso delete keeping stock tips. They are a little high.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had aluminum pipes and Borla Pro XS's put on and they deleted the rear muffler, sounds great and it only cost me 550.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts