Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
New to this forum, I have an original 70 challenger, slant six, anyone know how to remove the rear seat, being a detective looking for the build sheet.

Thanks

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,519 Posts
Have not tried the classic Challengers, but on my other Mopars from that era, push in on the bottom seat about a third of the way in and pull up. Do it to both sides and pull out the seat bottom. Your build sheet should be under one of the springs providing someone hasn't removed it yet!

BTW, won't you go to the Newbie Section and introduce yourself and your Challenger for a warm and rousing Z Welcome! Thanks!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,655 Posts
Once the seat bottom is out the seat back lifts up off of hooks, cant remember if there were screws at the bottom on either side, it will be apparent if there are.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Found build sheets under the drivers seat cushion and under the carpet but never in the rear seat bottom. Good luck with the detective work.

·
Registered
22,663 Posts
If I remember right there are hooks on the floor pan of the car, you have to push back (sometime very hard) and then up to remove the bottom seat.

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Administrator
53,655 Posts
If I remember right there are hooks on the floor pan of the car, you have to push back (sometime very hard) and then up to remove the bottom seat.
Yeah that is what I remember.

·
Administrator
53,655 Posts
Found build sheets under the drivers seat cushion and under the carpet but never in the rear seat bottom. Good luck with the detective work.
I have found them in the springs under the rear seat and in the springs in the rear seat backrest.

·
Registered
22,663 Posts
I have found them in the springs under the rear seat and in the springs in the rear seat backrest.
Same here, in the springs of the rear seat back of both Challengers and Barracuda's.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yup, that's how its done for the seat bottom. If it was never removed it will require extra effort.

There are 2 bolts near the floor pan for the seat back. Remove those and lift off the hooks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts