Well I did it in the early 80's so maybe my memory is a bit fuzzy on that, but if it was a pressed fit there's a good chance it won't work well with a 40 year old upper control arm. I had a brand new upper control arm when I did the install that I got from a dealership. Probably best if someone that has done this more recently chimes in. Like I said I don't remember it as being all that difficult but it's been a lot of years.I think I did a set but its been over 20 years ago. I didn't think they threaded in but were more of a press fit, but I'm not sure. I think I used a "pickle fork" to get the old one off. A pickle fork is just a wedge shaped device you hammer on or hook up to an air chisel.