Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and good morning!

I have a brand new (2014) R/T with only 8,100 miles on it and my brakes have been squeaking for the last 1,000 miles. I have taken it into the dealership twice and each time they send me home with squeaking brakes.

First repair they 'cleaned them up' (whatever that means) and this past weekend they turned all four rotors. And guess what?! They are still squeaking.

The dealership told me the reason for the squeaking was because I race too much and I ride the brakes. Umm....(I haven't truly raced....yet. And am I riding the brake with my third foot?! Its a manual transmission).
I am fed up with their poor service. Are all dealerships like this? Do you think I bought a lemon?

I had less problems with my 11 year old Civic. What do you think my brake problem is?

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
When your dealership "cleaned up" your brakes, they likely removed the glazing from the rotors which can cause squeaking. Since that didn't resolve your issue, take the advice offered by bad8nti and jackal. You might also consider a shop that specializes in brakes, or maybe even a speed shop if the problem persists.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts