Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up a car that I never thought I would own . 2016 Challenger SXT . Love it

It has the 5" radio with back up camera . I found the 8.4 from a person that it came out of a 2016 Challenger. He did not have back up camera? Will the radio have to be programmed enable to use the camera installed in my car? And if so what is the best programmer to use for this?

And if anyone reads this that is local to APPLETON wi and you have a programmer lets talk

Thank you for letting me join here Love the forum and y new car

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
3,134 Posts
The Stereo is Code Protected without it its very expensive to Activate it and yes the updates would also have to be done at Dealer, The 8.4 requires a Bezel Change or Mod to make it fit.

·
Registered
778 Posts
It can be done very easily through infotainment.com. My dealer even installed the 8.4 I bought from infotainment to replace the 5" in my Ram but they wouldn't install it if I bought it from some private party. But yes, doing it the way the OP suggests is difficult.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Stereo is Code Protected without it its very expensive to Activate it and yes the updates would also have to be done at Dealer, The 8.4 requires a Bezel Change or Mod to make it fit.
I have the unlock code so radio will work . I have watch multipule vidoes and they do not have th change the Bezel . So I am at least going to try it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SO got the U connect 8.4 from a guy on Mercari for 300 bucks . Almost fell over when I saw the price . Got it in no time installed and all works . Gps and back up camera work great. I installed ALFAOBD on my Dell rugged laptop and got the Performance pages up . Really loving this radio for sure

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
2,260 Posts
SO got the U connect 8.4 from a guy on Mercari for 300 bucks . Almost fell over when I saw the price . Got it in no time installed and all works . Gps and back up camera work great. I installed ALFAOBD on my Dell rugged laptop and got the Performance pages up . Really loving this radio for sure
You lucked out. Many have done this swap with many hiccups. Enjoy the new screen and features!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts