Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thread...please move if in wrong section.

Speaking to my viper guru (works at my local Dodge dealer and his wife has an SRT Viper) this evening and mentioned that I visit a Challenger forum.

Anyway....so happens this dealership has a separate racing division. He told me that the dealership bought some race pack Challengers, 10 of which have a modified viper V10 512 cu.in motor which puts out 800hp/705 ft/lbs torque. Dragstrip tested right off showroom floor in mid 9s with 144 mph trap. Other mods ordered from factory. These are all untitled race cars with no exhaust system, that are at least 1000 lbs lighter than the street version.

The dealership also has the 001 car which is not raced. He said, I should bring a camera so that I can post pics.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,879 Posts
They must be Drag Pack Challengers. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yes they are the Drag Pack Challengers. Funny because I just saw one this weekend in Rockford IL, when I dropped off my Challenger at MPH to have some work done. These cars have a number but no VIN. Very cool to see one in person.

·
Registered
100 Posts
V8 Hemi challenger drag pack
Mecum: Schaumburg, Illinois. 2014
I remember it sold for a fraction of the original price.
Sharon's hubby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.