Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to get them 85mm TB from you guys my question is does that come with your custom tune? I've already go the Trinity...

·
Registered
22,642 Posts
So I want to get them 85mm TB from you guys my question is does that come with your custom tune? I've already go the Trinity...
You don't necessarily need a custom tune, although to get the most out of it according to Hemifever you should get one. I ran a 85 mm BBK throttle body on my R/T without a custom tune and without any issues.

Check out Hemifever in the vendor section though as I believe he is offering throttle bodies with tuning and has some dyno numbers listing his results.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have the 85TB from MMP through Hemifever. I dont want to sound like this will make your car a monster. It wont! Its not a noticeable horsepower difference. It will improve throttle response and you will run a bit harder between 2800-3800 RPM. You will need a tune and a higher CFM intake, free flowing headers, Hi Flow mid cats, and exhaust. Once you put it all together then your Hemi will breathe. A TB is just part of the whole.

·
Diablo Custom Tuner
447 Posts
The 85mm is showing 8 to 12 hp gains. It's hard to "feel" that in the butt dyno but its great for drive ability increases. And it does require a tune to perform correctly. I've done countless dyno's on stock pcm flashes and seen losses and minimal to 0 gains on the preloaded tunes. Mix the tb with the tune and it's great.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 85mm is showing 8 to 12 hp gains. It's hard to "feel" that in the butt dyno but its great for drive ability increases. And it does require a tune to perform correctly. I've done countless dyno's on stock pcm flashes and seen losses and minimal to 0 gains on the preloaded tunes. Mix the tb with the tune and it's great.
Okay soooo if I buy TB from you do I get your custom tune for free like if I bought the tuner???

·
Diablo Custom Tuner
447 Posts
if you got the tuner and tb from me I could work a deal. I don't make much of anything on the tb so I can't give away the tuning. I could toss in a 180 tstat if you need that (but remind me)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you got the tuner and tb from me I could work a deal. I don't make much of anything on the tb so I can't give away the tuning. I could toss in a 180 tstat if you need that (but remind me)
What would be the benefits of me having the 180 tsats??? and yes I'll pay for the custom tune and TB I want it all, also just so you know I see a Nitrous system for Christmas...will that TB and tstat be an issue with Nitrous?

bottom line your for sure going to be the guy for my custom tune I've heard nothing but great things...I'm just trying to save cash..and not have to give you 125$ each tune for like 3 tunes this year...lol

·
Diablo Custom Tuner
447 Posts
the 180 stat lowers cylinder temperatures. Helps get a tad more hp out of a tune. And I'll do a couple of tunes for you for the $125. Generally these models run most optimal on premium fuel. A single tune usually does it. If you want a nitrous tune as well that's not problem.

Reactions: jkelly16
1 - 9 of 9 Posts