Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Apologies if this is answered somewhere else, I couldn’t find anything.

Got the Trinity T2 and Hemifever 91 tune last week. Car really came alive but I’m
Noticing after an hour or so of driving the throttle response is backing off. It goes from strong and crisp when I first put the tune in to soft and spongy after about an hour.

I know the computer makes adjustments on its own and you occasionally have to reset it, but should it be happening so quickly?

If I reload the tune in the car it fixes it for a while but it’s going to get annoying having to retune it every other day. Any suggestions?

Stock 2009 RT

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I just got the Trinity2 with a custom tune from Hemifever also... No problem here... Throttle response is there but I also run the pedal commander with it... Have you tried going in the T2 and upping the throttle booster some... That may help.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got the Trinity2 with a custom tune from Hemifever also... No problem here... Throttle response is there but I also run the pedal commander with it... Have you tried going in the T2 and upping the throttle booster some... That may help.
Sean upped the throttle response in his tune and all is well at first. Just the longer the car runs it seems to recalibrate itself to more daily driving habits. I didn’t figure it would readjust that quickly.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,403 Posts
You may want to do a throttle recalibration. Switch the car on and slowly depress your gas pedal to the floor, hold it a second and then slowly let off of it and then switch off the car once it reaches the top. Should be done in less than 10 seconds I believe for the whole procedure. Then crank the car once your done. See if that helps. I don't think the adaptives changes that calibration but it will change how the car responds to other things and it does tie into the throttle.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may want to do a throttle recalibration. Switch the car on and slowly depress your gas pedal to the floor, hold it a second and then slowly let off of it and then switch off the car once it reaches the top. Should be done in less than 10 seconds I believe for the whole procedure. Then crank the car once your done. See if that helps. I don't think the adaptives changes that calibration but it will change how the car responds to other things and it does tie into the throttle.
Sweet. That seems to have solved it. I’m back to being able to break the tires loose from a roll rather than taking off like I don’t want to spill my drink.

Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well crap, I guess it didn’t fix it. There’s still a very noticeable difference when I reload the tune.

It’s the difference of rolling out of bed and trying to start running vs. being wide awake and full of Red Bull when you start.

The tune is good but I emailed Sean just to see if there was anything I could do but he can’t do anything with the adaptives.

It’s super annoying that I can’t even make it a day with my car “learning” and so noticeably adjusting itself.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Hmm... So you think it's a bad unit then... I would try getting hold of Diablosport see what they got to say... do the can tunes react the same way...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, the tune and tuner are fine. It’s just the PCM/TCM Learning adaptives that’s going on I think and maybe that’s just the way the car is.

I was so used to the pedal with no tune that maybe I’m just hyper sensitive to it when I feel the pedal getting softer. Seems to start happening after 4-5 starts.

I’m wondering if the pedal commander would keep the pedal from getting soft? Sounds like it’s working well on yours.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Yea... It works great... Maybe you could take the pedal commander out of the loop and see if that's the reason... I don't know but I'd still call Diablosport just for giggles mabe your tuner needs a fix or a patch that they often do for other problems people have... Can't hurt. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: I updated the tune and turned MDS ON (originally I had it off) and after two days of driving everything is still as crisp as when I first loaded the tune.

The only thing that changed was turning MDS on so it makes me wonder if that had anything to do with it? Doesn’t seem like that should have an effect but this is the longest it’s gone without falling off so o_O

Whatever the reason, it’s sure nice to have the full kick in the pants back!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts