Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am running a magnacharger and want to fuel up with the best type of premium fuel but have always had a question about this... in my town i have two choices for "Premium Unleaded" fuel... 91 without ethanol and 93 with ethanol... which of these two fuels do you think is better for the car and why? thank you! :4-wavey:

·
Administrator
44,578 Posts
i am running a magnacharger and want to fuel up with the best type of premium fuel but have always had a question about this... in my town i have two choices for "Premium Unleaded" fuel... 91 without ethanol and 93 with ethanol... which of these two fuels do you think is better for the car and why? thank you! :4-wavey:
Well there are varying thoughts about ethanol but with a supercharger I think I would be going with the highest octane available, less chance of knock that way.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,551 Posts
Actually I have no idea. Interesting question. Corbin probably has that right. I can only get 91 octane here. It is pure gas, and I haven't ever had to use ethanol. No place in the four states I visit have ever had 93 octane.

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Best as far as what ? If its just power I would go with the 93 oct

Ethanol and most commonly E-85 is used for more high performance builds

1 - 4 of 4 Posts