Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys, how do you keep your taillights and trunk lip clean and shiney?

In between washed I would like to shine them up but not sure what's the best thing to use.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I really like my California Duster. I use it before and after every drive.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I to use a California Duster. No scratches. I use it very lightly. I also follow with a wipe down of detailer.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there a particular one you guys recommend?

What detailer are you using? Considering it is more like glass I was not sure I would use detailers.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I switch between products, but use Adams Detailer, Surf City Hot Rod Detailer and Mequier's Wash n Wax. I don't use those products on it until I've wiped all the dust off with the California Duster. And yes that panel scratches very easy. Mine has fine scratches on it from the previous owner and/or dealer. They should have made that panel matte black. We've been trying to find someone who feels skilled enough to wrap that section for us.

Reactions: FastMikeR1

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Even sitting in the garage my cars can get dusty enough that the duster can get overwhelmed and possibly scratch the finish even with vigorous shaking of the duster to remove the excess.
When that happens I use a detailer to wet down an area at a time and with a clean microfiber towel I gently wipe in one direction lifting the towel and the dirt with it.
I've been doing this with my Challenger since day-1. Granted I have used soap and water on it fewer times than I have fingers on one hand and to date the finish is scratch-free.
I use this technique on my other vehicles as well but they do get dirty more often and do get washed more often. I also highly recommend using the two bucket system when washing with a screen at the bottom of the bucket to keep the wash rag from picking up any debris that can scratch the finish.
Follow with a good wax.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I added a pull-down hoop to ensure I don't touch it, but with driving, rain, morning dew, pollen, it gets to me. And I tend to leave it so I don't scratch it. But I would rather clean it between washes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts