Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well had my SRT8 Challenger for a few months now and got to do a little bit of racing with some friends! Raced two 5.0 mustangs one with just intake the other with just different tires. Won both of those races, one by a car length and one by half a car length. Then the surprise was a Honda Civic SI Sedan! :SHOCKED: The car had a centrifugal supercharger. We ended up tieing! We did a 40 roll and I pulled him a little then he pulled me a little then I pulled him a little then by 140 we were pretty much side by side and I let off. Never judge a book by its cover! That cover may just be hiding a lot of boost! Also my car is a bone stock 2014 SRT8 6 speed. Think a Hemifever tune may be in my near future! :smileup:

·
12,989 Posts
Congrats on your kills and yes never judge a book by its cover!

·
Registered
22,663 Posts
Anyone that has ever made a trip to the drag strip knows the truth about judging other cars, you never know what the other guy is packing. In todays age of super chargers and common use of nitrous that has never been truer.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yeah you got to watch out for those boosted 4 bangers. My buddy has a 5spd 93 honda hatch back that runs a best of 12.03 in the quarter.

·
12,989 Posts
Yeah you got to watch out for those boosted 4 bangers. My buddy has a 5spd 93 honda hatch back that runs a best of 12.03 in the quarter.

I hear you on that, what you and 70Barcuda stated is oh so true, you never know what the other guy is packing, some of those imports can be real dangerous too. We have a load of them at my home track and they sound completely horrible and blow up and break down a lot but some of them can put down some real good times. My track has so much down time because of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts