Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife did the Petty Experience at Charlotte for her birthday a couple weeks ago so I figured why not take advantage of the trip to NC and have Petty's Garage do a couple things for me...

Rear Strut Tower Brace: They don't offer Blackberry anymore and I didn't think Petty Blue would jive too well with my colors, so I had them paint it Jazz Blue which is VERY close to Blackberry

Also had them put on a driveshaft safety loop and their transmission crossmember.

Tough to get a pic of the crossmember without it being on a lift (ramps didn't help a whole lot). Tough to see the safety loop, but it's up there in the darkness.

Here's the stock transmission crossmember for comparison. Petty's says it sheds ya 3 pounds. Guess every little bit helps, eh!

Reactions: Northernhawk

·
Registered
348 Posts
Great mods to add Jim. I haven't done the trans mount/driveshaft loop yet, but its on the list. Shock tower braces are most beneficial.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all!

Jim, nice mods and I'm sure that loop will be very beneficial at the strip with that supercharger!
If I ever get there, Bob! Need to keep my eye open for some wheels I can put drag radials on.

Great job, the trunk looks like a clean job! Mine I butchered and regret lol.
Yeah, they did a pretty good job. I'm thinking I might have Nate make me some sort of customized badge I can mount to some velcro to put around the horizontal main bar where it meets the trunkliner to cover up where it was cut. Maybe a big round Mopar M with the center cut out. Of course I'd have to have a slit in it to get it around the bar, but I think I could hide that towards the rear.

Great mods to add Jim. I haven't done the trans mount/driveshaft loop yet, but its on the list. Shock tower braces are most beneficial.
Thanks Drew...it definitely feels more rigid. Now I need to look into replacement sway bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts