Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, We have a limited edition (EBC Brakes RP-X) silver magnetic dish tray for keeping your bolts, washers or tools in one place at those crucial moments.

One randomly selected forum member can own this just by commenting below with the strangest food they have ever eaten, maybe snails, frogs legs, alligator..... As always, if a picture is available why not post it alongside your comment!

There is a tedious link to this thread as food is often served on silver trays :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
158 Posts
Chicken feet! Had to try it when I was in Hong Kong.

Reactions: EBC Brakes UK

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,230 Posts

Crocodile steak at a restaurant called Cien Años (means 100 Years) in Tijuana.
Surprisingly good, different texture (but not like chicken, dammit!)

I also had a side dish of hormigas escamoles. Essentially it's a traditional Aztec delicacy of ant larvae served up like caviar.
Expensive dish and I took one bite on a dare. Damn you, tequila. I love you but you make me do stupid things!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was in the Army and deployed to Iraq repeatedly. We were encouraged to eat with the locals to foster good relations. I got sick every time, as did anyone without an iron gut. From warm unpasturized curdled goats milk baking in the sun, to fruits and vegetables grown in the "lush" sewage drainoff soils (literally, this is where the port-a-johns were emptied, they grew fruits and vegetables in the soil), to "hand made" breads, "tossed salads," "stirred rice dishes," and meat dishes by "cooks" who probably haven't washed their hands in months (just reflect on what hands touch daily). And then there's the popular "Chai" tea, which is essentially dirty water, boiled with some tea, and heaping amounts of sugar. Raise your hand if you'd like some fresh watermelon grown in sewage runoff soil, prepared on the filthy floor with a rusty knife by a "cook" who hasn't washed in a year?

One of the absolute most disgusting experiences: Some locals brought a barely cooked large carp on a big round tray (similar to a large aluminum pizza tray). The carp was just cut open. The locals served us, "family style" on this tray, no plates, no utensils, no napkins.... We all, including these 4 filthy men, hovered over the tray picking at it with our bare hands. I could barely eat, watching these others filthy hands picking at this fish, food falling off their mouths back onto the fish.... I get ill thinking about it today.

Here's a couple pictures of the typical "kitchen" I saw - and cannot "unsee" - from where our typical meals would be prepared.

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
H
I was in the Army and deployed to Iraq repeatedly. We were encouraged to eat with the locals to foster good relations. I got sick every time, as did anyone without an iron gut. From warm unpasturized curdled goats milk baking in the sun, to fruits and vegetables grown in the "lush" sewage drainoff soils (literally, this is where the port-a-johns were emptied, they grew fruits and vegetables in the soil), to "hand made" breads, "tossed salads," "stirred rice dishes," and meat dishes by "cooks" who probably haven't washed their hands in months (just reflect on what hands touch daily). And then there's the popular "Chai" tea, which is essentially dirty water, boiled with some tea, and heaping amounts of sugar. Raise your hand if you'd like some fresh watermelon grown in sewage runoff soil, prepared on the filthy floor with a rusty knife by a "cook" who hasn't washed in a year?

One of the absolute most disgusting experiences: Some locals brought a barely cooked large carp on a big round tray (similar to a large aluminum pizza tray). The carp was just cut open. The locals served us, "family style" on this tray, no plates, no utensils, no napkins.... We all, including these 4 filthy men, hovered over the tray picking at it with our bare hands. I could barely eat, watching these others filthy hands picking at this fish, food falling off their mouths back onto the fish.... I get ill thinking about it today.

Here's a couple pictures of the typical "kitchen" I saw - and cannot "unsee" - from where our typical meals would be prepared.

View attachment 279994

View attachment 279995
I’d love our UK food standards authorities to see that! 🤣🤢

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
View attachment 279984
Crocodile steak at a restaurant called Cien Años (means 100 Years) in Tijuana.
Surprisingly good, different texture (but not like chicken, dammit!)

View attachment 279986
I also had a side dish of hormigas escamoles. Essentially it's a traditional Aztec delicacy of ant larvae served up like caviar.
Expensive dish and I took one bite on a dare. Damn you, tequila. I love you but you make me do stupid things!
Well done, the tray is yours. PM your name and address.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts