Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a add1 oil catch can , because very well made , has a baffle and a dip stick to check the level, and most of all was only 90 bucks. I was going to mount it in the normal fender spot , but the hose fittings got into the washer tank. I went with mounting on the radiator support. Got a piece of 1/16 aluminum bent the bottom to grip under the mount, measured where I had to drill a hole for the top. I was at first concerned about the plastic mount holding this, until I drilled into it and to my surprise there is a metal sandwiched in the plastic! I also purchased the hose clamp pliers, These are in my opinion a must because the stock hose comes off so easy with them. After Mounting the can routed hoses along the side and secured with zip ties (had to purchase the 1/2 - 3/4 hose barbs) The can sits right over the top radiator hose but still has enough room to unscrew the base to empty it. Also if I need to access anything under the can just unscrew the single mounting screw. Took about 1/2 hour total.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looking good. Nice clean install, gj. Like the dip stick, may look into one myself. :smileup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I took the stock plastic hose off , a bunch of oil/water condensation came out of it... nasty to think this stuff runs though the intake. A catch can is a must even on the 3.6!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,638 Posts
Nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was really surprised at the quality of the can, it is a little smaller than from the vendors here , but I liked the dipstick so you don't have to constantly unscrew the base to check it. It also comes in different colors. Got it off amazon.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Good looking Catch Can and good job on the installation! The dip stick is a bonus and certainly takes the guess work out of how much oil is inside!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alternate Location for BT Can

Just wanted to put in my two cents worth on the catch can. I had one in my '09 Challenger. I installed it at 15K and never had any problems through 74K. I recently traded it in for a 2014 100 Anniversary edition and I just got done putting one in 'Big Red.' I wasn't fond of the fender location, so opted for an alternate location. Had to do a little modding on the engine cover, but I like it better!

Attachments

·
Longing for spring
2,215 Posts
I was really surprised at the quality of the can, it is a little smaller than from the vendors here , but I liked the dipstick so you don't have to constantly unscrew the base to check it. It also comes in different colors. Got it off amazon.
I agree, i got one of these myself (blue). The quality is real good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts