Dodge Challenger Forum banner

141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Top of the line with 86K of memory in 1984...

Apple IIe - programming Apple Basic on a 1984 computer! - YouTube

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Don't have a pic but in the early 90s I had a laptop with a 386 processor & 4mb of ram. That was top of the line back then.
My first computer (when I was in college), my dad gave me a Radio Shack TRS80 (aka Trash 80). It didn't store things on a hard drive. Instead you had to hook up a cassette deck to it, and it recorded data on to cassette tapes. Problem was that cassette tapes were really bad for drop outs. So many times you would go to retrieve your data, it would hit a drop out, and the data was lost. So you really had to record your data twice, on 2 separate cassettes. So if one failed you would grab the other one. It was a nightmare to use, but as a college student in 1985, I was one of the lucky few that actually had a computer. And it was so useful for writing papers- much easier than going to the school library and typing up on a typewriter.

College students today have it so easy compared to what we had to go through.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts

·
Dazed & Confused
35,048 Posts
My first computer (when I was in college), my dad gave me a Radio Shack TRS80 (aka Trash 80). It didn't store things on a hard drive. Instead you had to hook up a cassette deck to it, and it recorded data on to cassette tapes. Problem was that cassette tapes were really bad for drop outs. So many times you would go to retrieve your data, it would hit a drop out, and the data was lost. So you really had to record your data twice, on 2 separate cassettes. So if one failed you would grab the other one. It was a nightmare to use, but as a college student in 1985, I was one of the lucky few that actually had a computer. And it was so useful for writing papers- much easier than going to the school library and typing up on a typewriter.

College students today have it so easy compared to what we had to go through.
My very 1st was a Commodore 64 with a cassette drive to store whatever programs you wrote as it did not have any storage capacity. Had a lot of fun with that old thing.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
My very 1st was a Commodore 64 with a cassette drive to store whatever programs you wrote as it did not have any storage capacity. Had a lot of fun with that old thing.
Cassette storage was such a PITA, but was the only solution back in the day. Oh how far we've come.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #151

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #153

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Who this is.

Tales of a Jewish Mystic | Pastor Robert Hurst

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Who this is.

It's Howdy Doody Time! | 2016-09-02 | Industrial Heating

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
What this is.

A drifting cowboy: 'Wait for me, Wild Bill!' -- Chatsworth's TV Westerns

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
How to use this.

Remembering 1973 Main

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
How to use this.

Remembering 1973 Main
Well I'm definitely not a millennial, but I have no idea how to use that. My dad was an engineer and always had one with him. So I know what they are. But I have never used one in my life.

141 - 160 of 164 Posts