Dodge Challenger Forum banner

161 - 180 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
How to use this.

Remembering 1973 Main
I still have mine, a yellow one and also a 6" version. I doubt if I remember how to use it. I used it thru college and remember you could tell an engineering student as the case was strapped to our side, just like a cell phone is today. My last semester in college HP introduced the HP35 calculator. IIRC it was about $495. Then the HP45 was introduced and the price of the 35 dropped to $395.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
I have one, but I now have trouble remembering how to use some of the scales on it, but then, I've also forgotten most of the electronic formulas I once had memorized.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
How to use this.

Remembering 1973 Main
Technically, I think I qualify as a millennial, I'm 32. Regardless, I grew up firmly in the calculator era. Several years ago when starting my Physics undergrad program, I bought a rather expensive Texas Instrument calculator ($150 or so). Well, I haven't used it in probably 2 or three years even though I do math calculations everyday. It's just collecting dust on my desk.

It sounds strange, but in Physics, eventually you stop using numbers to do math (more or less)...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
How to put these on.

Vintage Adjustable Metal Roller Skates with Leather Straps

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,855 Posts
How to put these on.

Vintage Adjustable Metal Roller Skates with Leather Straps
I loved my skates and in the picture below, I have my skate key around my neck. I cut this picture off, but on the step below are my skates, just like the ones above. Even if they brought these back, no one could use them because you needed those saddle oxfords like the ones you see me wearing. They were necessary to hold the skate on your shoe. Today's shoes wouldn't hold squat. Funny how you can remember certain things in a picture, but forget other things. That dress I was wearing was orange and the sweater was red! Over sixty years ago...........
30831.jpg

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
I loved my skates and in the picture below, I have my skate key around my neck. I cut this picture off, but on the step below are my skates, just like the ones above. Even if they brought these back, no one could use them because you needed those saddle oxfords like the ones you see me wearing. They were necessary to hold the skate on your shoe. Today's shoes wouldn't hold squat. Funny how you can remember certain things in a picture, but forget other things. That dress I was wearing was orange and the sweater was red! Over sixty years ago........... View attachment 246356
The worst thing about them was a lack of sidewalks...

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,855 Posts
The worst thing about them was a lack of sidewalks...
We had a sidewalk around our house, and I could take them to school! I could skate all around the school building and there were lots of sidewalks!!! School was truly wonderful when I grew up. No fences, you could play anywhere around the school!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Pretty sure I had that 8 track back in the day.
I had it too, but on a cassette. I was never able to afford an eight track, then when I was in the Navy cassette players came out.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
8 Tracks annoyed the crap out of me. We had one car with one, a '69 Cadillac(under the dash, it was installed when my dad picked it up by his buddy the dealer who was being nice) and I was so happy my dad was even more annoyed with the WOW and track changing in the middle of the songs when we were in friend's cars, we never bought a single tape for it. When the car got traded in, the original GM sample 8 Track tape was still in the glovebox, wrapped. Unfortunately, one of my best friends not only had a player in his car, he had a recorder in his bedroom/basement, so anytime I went over there, I had to suffer through "Dark Side Of the Moon", sounding like shit.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
What speed this is...
FRITZ KREISLER - VICTROLA 78 RPM - 64974 - SOUVENIR - Violin Solo Record | eBay

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
161 - 180 of 305 Posts