Dodge Challenger Forum banner

161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
How to use this.

Remembering 1973 Main
I still have mine, a yellow one and also a 6" version. I doubt if I remember how to use it. I used it thru college and remember you could tell an engineering student as the case was strapped to our side, just like a cell phone is today. My last semester in college HP introduced the HP35 calculator. IIRC it was about $495. Then the HP45 was introduced and the price of the 35 dropped to $395.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
I have one, but I now have trouble remembering how to use some of the scales on it, but then, I've also forgotten most of the electronic formulas I once had memorized.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
How to use this.

Remembering 1973 Main
Technically, I think I qualify as a millennial, I'm 32. Regardless, I grew up firmly in the calculator era. Several years ago when starting my Physics undergrad program, I bought a rather expensive Texas Instrument calculator ($150 or so). Well, I haven't used it in probably 2 or three years even though I do math calculations everyday. It's just collecting dust on my desk.

It sounds strange, but in Physics, eventually you stop using numbers to do math (more or less)...

161 - 164 of 164 Posts