Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my neighbor, who has coveted my challenger from day one, has finally got the green light from his wife to buy a challenger. he has found a 2010 srt8. when he went to go look at it at the used car lot, he found that he couldn't rev the engine after the first rev. he pressed the throttle and the car didn't rev. salesperson said it was a feature to keep the engine safe from over revving. I think I had heard something like that when the srt8 was introduced that year, but I may be wrong. he said the car runs and drives like a top, except for when he wants to rev the engine in neutral. car has 46k miles and the Carfax has one accident, rear passenger quarter panel, no frame damage. thoughts?

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, thank you sir. I am sure he will be pleased, not so sure on his wife, even though she said yes.

Reactions: boyohboy

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,222 Posts
Wow, I think he can do better an 18 with 46k and an accident I would pass and keep looking.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,974 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,974 Posts
Now your telling an IT guy how to use a computer.🤔

Not really, just telling how to get away without using readers..............

besides, as an IT guy, he should know this.......................

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,974 Posts
I got a program on my computer at work that zooms in on a small area that you can select.....I call it the old guy magnifying glass..... works very well

Reactions: Thegreekmason

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,974 Posts
My 2012 Ram will only rev to 3k or so as well.....

·
Registered
621 Posts
my neighbor, who has coveted my challenger from day one, has finally got the green light from his wife to buy a challenger. he has found a 2010 srt8. when he went to go look at it at the used car lot, he found that he couldn't rev the engine after the first rev. he pressed the throttle and the car didn't rev. salesperson said it was a feature to keep the engine safe from over revving. I think I had heard something like that when the srt8 was introduced that year, but I may be wrong. he said the car runs and drives like a top, except for when he wants to rev the engine in neutral. car has 46k miles and the Carfax has one accident, rear passenger quarter panel, no frame damage. thoughts?
The srt8 challenger was introduced in 2008 not 2010 and as far as the rev issue goes my 08 will rev as high as I want it to in park, what he is probably feeling while trying to rev it up is the pedal lag that these electronically controlled gas pedals have, if you don’t hit the gas pedal just right while reving it up it feels like it’s being limited. I’ve had mine reved up to 5000 or so in park many times. As far as the mileage goes 46k is pretty low for a 10, and the minor rear quarter damage not a big deal really, so the important thing for me would be $$$

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, he isn't getting it. he went with his wife to buy it, she wanted to go for a ride, I was going to drive him. he said, when they got to the lot, it was right out front, reddish orange with white stripes. she said no, and to take her home. when they got back, she stood on my front lawn and yelled at me for trying to get her husband a mid life crisis car. that he needed something sensible and not some testosterone fueled dream. I kind of looked at her drinking my coffee and asked her why, lots of ladies enjoy the challenger and that lots of ladies drive them also. she then told me I would probably still be married I hadn't bought it since it is just a hooligans car. I told her that a) she wanted to take care of her mom and that it was a long time coming since I work like 16 hr days at the restaurant training and cooking b) I work hard to provide for us and why not buy something that I want to enjoy. told her that I served my country and was wounded because of it and that I wasn't going to stand there and be lambasted by someone who only knew to come over and borrow things but never reached out a hand for anybody else. she tried to give me the old stink eye, but my mom did it better god rest her soul and then she walked back to her house. her husband stood there and apologized. so I have been dwelling on this since about 10 a.m. and yes, maybe the mrs didn't leave me to care for her mom, maybe it is the challenger and all the other toys I own. maybe I am being childish, chasing a dream of being young, working out, trying to look good, working my butt off...for what? so I can buy a teenagers car and be 17 again. so, I did what any person would do, I called my soon to be ex and apologized if I have been acting like a kid instead of a man and then went into the garage, changed my 275;s back to the 245's and did a screaming burnout in front of their house. probably took off about 3000 miles off of the new original tires. then parked the challenger, went back inside and have been contemplating life. oh well. stay safe all. yes, I am a childish acting 50+ year old man.

·
Trigger657
2,034 Posts
well, he isn't getting it. he went with his wife to buy it, she wanted to go for a ride, I was going to drive him. he said, when they got to the lot, it was right out front, reddish orange with white stripes. she said no, and to take her home. when they got back, she stood on my front lawn and yelled at me for trying to get her husband a mid life crisis car. that he needed something sensible and not some testosterone fueled dream. I kind of looked at her drinking my coffee and asked her why, lots of ladies enjoy the challenger and that lots of ladies drive them also. she then told me I would probably still be married I hadn't bought it since it is just a hooligans car. I told her that a) she wanted to take care of her mom and that it was a long time coming since I work like 16 hr days at the restaurant training and cooking b) I work hard to provide for us and why not buy something that I want to enjoy. told her that I served my country and was wounded because of it and that I wasn't going to stand there and be lambasted by someone who only knew to come over and borrow things but never reached out a hand for anybody else. she tried to give me the old stink eye, but my mom did it better god rest her soul and then she walked back to her house. her husband stood there and apologized. so I have been dwelling on this since about 10 a.m. and yes, maybe the mrs didn't leave me to care for her mom, maybe it is the challenger and all the other toys I own. maybe I am being childish, chasing a dream of being young, working out, trying to look good, working my butt off...for what? so I can buy a teenagers car and be 17 again. so, I did what any person would do, I called my soon to be ex and apologized if I have been acting like a kid instead of a man and then went into the garage, changed my 275;s back to the 245's and did a screaming burnout in front of their house. probably took off about 3000 miles off of the new original tires. then parked the challenger, went back inside and have been contemplating life. oh well. stay safe all. yes, I am a childish acting 50+ year old man.
I put my hands out and look at them once in awhile. On one hand the Challengers, motorcycles and other toys. On the other hand had a Bad tempered mean B---ch. Never happy always complaining. Didn't like to make Friends. Favorite name for me was A$$ H---e. The day my 5 yr old Baby Girl (Back then), asked me about being named A$$ H---e, I figured it was time to move on. I now have the Challenger, motorcycle and other toys and my kids and nothing else. And I am the Oldest Juvenile you'll ever meet too and I'm staying that way......;)

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Geeeesh! My GF is still bugging me to get another Challenger.
-John

1 - 20 of 59 Posts