Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a convertible, 2013 Challenger RT on eBay. Of course, it’s a custom job and beautiful. But the people listing it have some of their facts wrong. This is a screen shot of a portion of the description. When I scrolled down, another section said 99% stock so there are no power adders. Next to impossible for a stock 5.7 to put down that kind of Quarter mile time. They should’ve caught it because the 0-60 time would be much lower if that 1/4 mile E.T. was accurate. Hey - nobody’s perfect but I’m hoping this doesn’t constitute fraud. Hopefully, if someone is going to plunk down $56k, they’ll do their research!

Rectangle Font Circle Magenta Number

Attachments

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I agree, someone who doesn’t know what they are doing typed it. Probably was suppose to be 13.3.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you're considering buying a convertible version of a challenger chances are straight line performance isn't at the top of your priority list anyway (I'd be to busy looking at the engineering / build quality of removing the top and the top itself). I think anyone with any experience with these cars would realize it was an error and anyone thinking you could get a stock 5.7 to run a 10.3 quarter doesn't deserve to have 56K to buy it...now off to eBay to check this thing out...

·
Registered
261 Posts
To be honest, Salvage in the vehicle title and the 24 inch wheels would have ruled it out for me, maybe the 24 inch wheels skew the quarter mile read out (no, I'm not being serious).

·
Registered
Scat Pack Shaker
27 Posts
A 4000 lb street car that runs 100 mph trap speed usually runs a mid 14 second quarter

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
maybe they were dropping it off of the top of the empire state bldg? ahahahahahaahahaa

Reactions: Maxedwell
1 - 8 of 8 Posts