Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what if a guy ran lower control arms from the bottom of the rearend to the forward part of the frame using heim joints at each end to tighten them up to take out the slack of the the rubber mounts ? I know some welding would be required but I,ve built alot of racecar chassis and custom motorcye frames over the years . So welding wouldnt be a problem . Do you think this would eliminate the dreaded wheel hop from a dead start ? Or mabay with stiffer springs along with the lower control arms ? Whats your opinions ? Thanks . BooBoo

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I,m surprised a suspension tech hasn,t answered this question yet . What I,m getting at is to pull the rear suspension tight against the rubber mounts to take all the slack out to reduce wheel hop when doing burn outs . Thanks . BooBoo

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is easier and cheaper to replace the rubber mounts with either poly or solid aluminum and will be replacing all the rubber with poly, delrin, or solid eventually since the rubber is not of very high quality. On rubber note, if you have an auto transmission you may want to replace your motor mounts with the 6Ms (or Charger Police), they are very sad and have seen quite a few 08-09s completely cracked in two, but Dodge will replace under warranty (drivetrain), if that happens have them upgrade them to the 6M-Police a couple bucks extra.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,539 Posts
To help the wheel hop, I installed the Speedlogix Billet Tenson Arms. That helped quite a bit. This week I will also be installing a Set of Energy Suspension Rear Cradle Poly Bushing Set, #5-4114G to get rid of that rear cradle sloppiness. At the same time, I will be installing the Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar, since you have to remove all of those pieces to do the sway bar.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,587 Posts
To help the wheel hop, I installed the Speedlogix Billet Tenson Arms. That helped quite a bit. This week I will also be installing a Set of Energy Suspension Rear Cradle Poly Bushing Set, #5-4114G to get rid of that rear cradle sloppiness. At the same time, I will be installing the Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar, since you have to remove all of those pieces to do the sway bar.
You got somebody to press them out for you Dan? When Petty's put the Pedder's in mine they had to heat with a torch along with a hydraulic press.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Billet tenson arms ,LOL ! I knew I was on the right track when I said using lower control arms to take the slack out of all that rubber . Dang ! Someone beat me to it .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts