Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whos running the active exhaust deletes. How are you liking it?
Well thought out or are they not worth the effort?
I would love to have that extra note.

·
Registered
52 Posts
whos running the active exhaust deletes. How are you liking it?
Well thought out or are they not worth the effort?
I would love to have that extra note.
I have the delete kit on my ‘16 Scat. Took me about 20 minutes to install once I had it on ramps, if I remember correctly. Good and bad to them. They don’t really add much of anything to spirited driving, because at those throttle positions the valves should be completely open anyways. What they do add is down-low RPM volume, when the valves would normally be closed, and it’s noticible. 100% worth it if you’re looking for that. Bad thing for me is my work shift got changed to 11pm-7am, so now... no sneaking away from the house. Lol

·
Registered
558 Posts
Is this an electrical or mechanical bypass? Just got my first car with active exhaust and want those valves always open so I'm just now looking into options.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are a couple of kits out there.
I'm looking to do this really soon, because I hate to be in sports mode all of the time just to hear it purr, and I have to manually shift the automatic, because the transmission left in drive, is to violent to me for city driving.
Here's the one I'm looking at:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ACTIVE-EXHAUST-DELETE-KIT-15-19-DODGE-CHALLENGER-CHARGER-NEW-IMPROVED-23-SOLD/123845848748?hash=item1cd5c9aeac:g:B00AAOSwepNdA88t

It looks a close to being a factory part.
I guess the main thing is to find a kit, which lets the unit "think" that it's still operating the valve, so you wan't get a check engine light.
If other know of any other unit out there, please let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
If you decide to do a cracked ECU, PCM...what ever, for a custom tune, you can also program them to stay open.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I ended up installing a full catback which got rid of the active exhaust. No resonators, no active exhaust, and no drone. It's louder than my RT was but I was completely shocked at having no drone. It was kinda pricey, but well worth it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are a couple of kits out there.
I'm looking to do this really soon, because I hate to be in sports mode all of the time just to hear it purr, and I have to manually shift the automatic, because the transmission left in drive, is to violent to me for city driving.
Here's the one I'm looking at:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ACTIVE-EXHAUST-DELETE-KIT-15-19-DODGE-CHALLENGER-CHARGER-NEW-IMPROVED-23-SOLD/123845848748?hash=item1cd5c9aeac:g:B00AAOSwepNdA88t

It looks a close to being a factory part.
I guess the main thing is to find a kit, which lets the unit "think" that it's still operating the valve, so you wan't get a check engine light.
If other know of any other unit out there, please let me know.
Thanks
OK, So I mentioned another brand, but I went with MFER-1.
Took a total of 10 minutes to install, minus the time to inch it up on ramps.
Started it up, and it sounded like a cold start.
Took it for a 15 minute drive with the wife, and she kept asking if I had it in sport mode!
Now, it may be me, (but I doubt it) but it seems that the low end woke up.
I'm running 89 octane, and I decided to step on it and it never took off like the way it does now.
Maybe better now seeing that there are no restrictions in the exhaust?
Has anyone noticed a difference install these, or am I going senile?
Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
OK, So I mentioned another brand, but I went with MFER-1.
Took a total of 10 minutes to install, minus the time to inch it up on ramps.
Started it up, and it sounded like a cold start.
Took it for a 15 minute drive with the wife, and she kept asking if I had it in sport mode!
Now, it may be me, (but I doubt it) but it seems that the low end woke up.
I'm running 89 octane, and I decided to step on it and it never took off like the way it does now.
Maybe better now seeing that there are no restrictions in the exhaust?
Has anyone noticed a difference install these, or am I going senile?
Thanks

Thanks for the good write-up. Just wondering if you noticed any drone? I have been thinking about installing the MFER-1 on my '19 RT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@Cwirth: Yes there is a pleasant drone sound. I live in Connecticut, and there are no such things as flat roads, always turns and inclines. So with that said, the tone is always changing.
Main drawback is that I now have to increase the radio volume, but than again, I rather listen to the song of a Hemi, than some of the crap that's passing for music!;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts