Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've just recently introduced myself in the newbie section, and mentioned that I'd post elsewhere regarding brake/gas pedal height.

I'm from Australia, with my two previous cars being modified Japanese imports. One was a moderately modified 350z, and the other a fairly silly Nissan S15 Silvia (a much new version of your 240sx). I took both to road course track days fairly often.

Anyway, the stock pedal placement in both of these cars was pretty good, the Silvia slightly better than the 350z, but both still pretty good. I would heel-and-toe on pretty much every down shift both on the track and on the road.

Coming to America, I bought standard (manual) 2011 srt8. There was no practical angle that I could get my foot at to be able to heal-and-toe properly. The gas pedal was simply too short, and too far to the right. I bought some billet aluminium performance pedals which fixed most of this problem. They're great, changed the experience for me a lot.

This might sound picky, but in my opinion the brake pedal is too high compared to the gas pedal. Unless I'm barefoot, I still have some trouble pressing the gas pedal enough to 'blip' effectively. Perhaps when I'm really on it and I'm braking harder, this problem would go away, but I like to do it around town too.

Long story short - I want to lower the brake pedal height by probably a half inch. In other cars, you can sometimes adjust the length of the push rod between the booster and the brake pedal lever. I've had a bit of a look at the challenger, and it initially looks you don't have that adjustment.

Anybody have any ideas? Or have the same issues as me? Otherwise, I think the easiest solution will be to pack out the gas pedal.

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've never heard of anything like that. I wish that was a possibility with my last car. My legs would kill me driving in stop and go traffic. I can tollerate the Challenger, but it does suck when wearing boots.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I thought it was just me, but I have bad knees and with this pedal as you point out being about 1/2 inch too high it is sometimes painful when sitting at a long light. When I had my Marauder the brake pedal was adjustable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.