Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Just sold my Challenger - plans are to buy a newer one but it won't happen for anywhere from 2-8 weeks. My hands are shaking, my head is fuzzy - how do I handle the withdrawal symptoms, even though it is temporary?

2. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience about removing factory stripes? I'm looking at another R/T Classic but not crazy about the color of the stripes and would want them removed. I'd probably go with different location and style of stripes - lower door panels.. So... can a dealership or body shop remove them without leaving a "ghost" image of the old stripes? The car has less than 20k miles and has been garaged.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Your first question is troubling for sure. Maybe you could go to a "cars and coffee" or something and ask to sit in a friends car? Test drive some new ones? I dunno...

As far as the stripes go, you should be fine as long as there aren't any swirls or defects on the paint around the decals. Even then, a good polish should take care of it, I would think.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,684 Posts
1. Just sold my Challenger - plans are to buy a newer one but it won't happen for anywhere from 2-8 weeks. My hands are shaking, my head is fuzzy - how do I handle the withdrawal symptoms, even though it is temporary?
That NEVER goes away. Nor should you want it to. ;)

2. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience about removing factory stripes? I'm looking at another R/T Classic but not crazy about the color of the stripes and would want them removed. I'd probably go with different location and style of stripes - lower door panels.. So... can a dealership or body shop remove them without leaving a "ghost" image of the old stripes? The car has less than 20k miles and has been garaged.
Have it professionally done or narrow your search to Challengers with a stripe delete. See this thread for the reason why: Beware when removing decals

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts

If you special order the car, it may be possible to order with a stripe delete. I did that with my R/T Plus and it was no problem. I am not sure on an R/T Classic.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
The with draws are tough to deal with but looking at pictures helps some, LOL! In my opinion I would take it to reputable body shop to remove the stripes. Good luck getting through the "waiting time"!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
If it were me I'd look for a Challenger with no stripes on it. But if you're really sold on a particular one with stripes, I would have them professionally removed.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,973 Posts
I (along with my graphics guy) removed my factory hood stripes after 4 years. Mine has been kept under cover (almost always under an actual car cover and always under a stilt house since I got him), unless I was on the road somewhere. A little low temp heat gun on the corner to start and the OEM graphics came right off.

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How can you sell your detonator yellow classic ?
Believe me, it was HARD! Standing there watching it drive away was gut wrenching. I loved that car and that color! But wait until you see what I'm getting next - then you'll understand. The color is not as eye-popping but the mods will be!

Thanks for eveyone's advice. I'll definitely take it to a professional. New stripe has been ordered so off with the old, on with the new...

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
How long do we have to wait???!!!!!!!

Inquiring minds want to see!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How long do we have to wait???!!!!!!!

Inquiring minds want to see!!!!!
How long do YOU have to wait??? How long do I have to wait!!! Best case scenario, I'll have it by next weekend (so about 1.5 weeks); worst case - Not until early June!

This is killing me -being without a Challenger for the first time in 4 years! AND, I'm going to miss entering a Challenger in my own company's car show!!! But trying to time everything - selling mine, buying the other one which entails plane tickets, time away from work, etc. is a real juggling act.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Believe me, it was HARD! Standing there watching it drive away was gut wrenching. I loved that car and that color! But wait until you see what I'm getting next - then you'll understand. The color is not as eye-popping but the mods will be!

Thanks for eveyone's advice. I'll definitely take it to a professional. New stripe has been ordered so off with the old, on with the new...
ok, im kinda trusting you on this. lets see the outcome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts