Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Nice. Your car seems to sit lower in the rear than my car does. I like my car's factory height in front, but the rear could come down 3/4" to 1".
Thank you! I've thought it "looked" a bit lower sometimes and I thought maybe it was the ground or my eyesight (I'm gettin' older). I have no idea why as I haven't made any changes in the suspension and the wheels are the usual 20." I'm glad you mentioned it because now I know it's not just me who's noticed it.

Reactions: boyohboy

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
192 Posts
Thank you! I've thought it "looked" a bit lower sometimes and I thought maybe it was the ground or my eyesight (I'm gettin' older). I have no idea why as I haven't made any changes in the suspension and the wheels are the usual 20." I'm glad you mentioned it because now I know it's not just me who's noticed it.
I didn’t know if it was where your car was sitting or just the picture. It is noticeably lower in the rear than the average. Your car has the perfect stance for me. I keep looking for a solution for my car, but can’t seem to find one. Maybe I can find a set of springs and toss the fronts on a shelf.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I did the Mopar Stage 1 coils for my ride. Closed the wheel gap nicely. I really didn't notice much difference in ride comfort, which was a concern going into the switch.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
667 Posts
If you lower, get an alignment afterwards. When I did mine, I had to tell them to match the SRT model specs, as that is what it becomes, effectively. I ended up installing rear camber bushings to dial it in closer to spec, as it fell a hair outside. There wasn't much they could do to adjust further.

Good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I didn’t know if it was where your car was sitting or just the picture. It is noticeably lower in the rear than the average. Your car has the perfect stance for me. I keep looking for a solution for my car, but can’t seem to find one. Maybe I can find a set of springs and toss the fronts on a shelf.
Yep, it's like that and I have no idea why. My driveway is flat so the car is sitting the same. If it's in the street, it sits the same way.

Reactions: boyohboy

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Coilovers, don't waist your time with anything else. I've run the Eibach Pro system and H&R along with other spring/shock combinations on other cars, in the end coilovers beat them all hands down. A set of BC coilovers will run to about $1000 and worth saving time and energy testing other setups. Just my opinion from what I've run in the past.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
4,471 Posts
Coilovers, don't waist your time with anything else. I've run the Eibach Pro system and H&R along with other spring/shock combinations on other cars, in the end coilovers beat them all hands down. A set of BC coilovers will run to about $1000 and worth saving time and energy testing other setups. Just my opinion from what I've run in the past.
But, will you still possibly need new control arms and rear suspension camber clock inserts to get it into proper aligment? That adds a lot to the cost and you also need to add-in labor to install them. Could be much more than $1000 if you do I would think.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your going to have install costs with springs and shocks as well. You're also going to wind up getting camber items for springs as well since the Challenger doesn't have camber adjustment on it so honestly your spending about $300-$400 more up front for the coilovers over springs but the benefits in the long run far outweigh that small cost difference I think.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts