Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is probably a dumb question but when I bought my 08 srt it had a lowering kit put in it staggered offset tires. I know the exhaust is aftermarket but I am not sure how to tell what kind it is. Can anyone walk me they how to tell what has been modified on my exhaust?? I will say it sounds like a flow master cat back, but also has a sound of a magma flow???

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
While you are under the car changing the oil take some pictures of the exhaust system particularly the mufflers. Also there could be the manufacture stamp embedded into the muffler. If you need help posting the pics feel free to searxh uploading pictures or PM me.

·
Registered
235 Posts
You can look under the car underneath the trunk. You will be able to tell if it still has the resonators or not. Just a place to start. The resonators will look almost like a muffler right in front of the exhaust tip. No jacking up the car needed.

·
Registered
406 Posts
No such thing as a dumb question here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anything you guys can see that will let me know what exhaust modifications have been done or need to be done is greatly appreciated with the pics I uploaded it will probably be hard

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,624 Posts
Well the resonators have been removed and those are not factory mufflers. They look like ones that can be made to work with different vehicles, that is to say they can be made in different configurations, inlet and outlet anyway.

·
Premium Member
12,168 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look like flowmaster mufflers . Get them off the car ! Similar to a rag stuck in the exhaust.
Look like flowmaster mufflers . Get them off the car ! Similar to a rag stuck in the exhaust.
i have knowledge of the mechanics on how things work and since this is my dream car and I love it I want to know more about what it needs to make the car run smooth and healthy without damaging anything! So what would you guys suggest I do with this exhaust? Completely change it out??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have knowledge of the mechanics on how things work and since this is my dream car and I love it I want to know more about what it needs to make the car run smooth and healthy without damaging anything! So what would you guys suggest I do with this exhaust? Completely change it out??
And which is exhaust system is the best on a mopar?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IMG_1603.JPG IMG_1588.JPG IMG_1590.JPG
While you are under the car changing the oil take some pictures of the exhaust system particularly the mufflers. Also there could be the manufacture stamp embedded into the muffler. If you need help posting the pics feel free to searxh uploading pictures or PM me.

Sorry the pics are upside down or sideways

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
You can ask 10 different people about exhaust systems and get 9 or 10 good answers. It really comes down to personal taste. The best way would be to hear them in person. Lots to choose from of members selections though logistics is tough!
I stayed with the Mopar performance exhaust, but it is not really loud. But that is what I was wanting. How loud do you want to be is the question?? I am sure there are plenty of audio recordings on the site if you look around.

·
Registered
235 Posts
And which is exhaust system is the best on a mopar?
Best answer I can give you is only you can answer that. Its your car do what you want. It really comes down to personal preference on sound and what you can afford. If you have the ability go to a drag strip or car show and check out the cars that have changed their exhaust. Videos dont really do justice to some. Biggest thing is do your homework and spend the money once. You have an auto which some exhausts will give a certain amount of drone at around 2k rpm. Also how much noise do you want on the inside. Some exhausts sound great on the outside but you cant hold a conversation on the inside. Good luck on your hunt and we will be here to answer questions.

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Best answer I can give you is only you can answer that. Its your car do what you want. It really comes down to personal preference on sound and what you can afford. If you have the ability go to a drag strip or car show and check out the cars that have changed their exhaust. Videos dont really do justice to some. Biggest thing is do your homework and spend the money once. You have an auto which some exhausts will give a certain amount of drone at around 2k rpm. Also how much noise do you want on the inside. Some exhausts sound great on the outside but you cant hold a conversation on the inside. Good luck on your hunt and we will be here to answer questions.
All most excellent points as well!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts