Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
I DRIVE A DODGE BRUH
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on thoughts regarding this, historically I have always thought you can get extra response, performance etc from an aftermarket tune and PCM, but how effective is this and is it worth it? I don't mean to sound naive, but I simply do not know, my car currently has the built in tune options that allow me to adjust the steering, throttle response etc and it seems to make a huge difference, what kind of gains would come from adding a different PCM over the stock tuning options?

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Obviously you have an R/T 5.7L Challenger to be posting in this section, BUT, What year? What Transmission?

·
Registered
I DRIVE A DODGE BRUH
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously you have an R/T 5.7L Challenger to be posting in this section, BUT, What year? What Transmission?
Actually I posted to the wrong section :( How do I delete the thread?

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
6.4L Scatty 2020
FYI: A 2020 Scat Pack will require you to buy an unlocked PCM (Power Control Module), because Chrysler started locking the PCMs in 2015, which will definitely yield more power with a good tune, but also cost you your warranty in the process. There are upgrades you can do that will not cost you your warranty, but with the power you already have and a brand new warranty, you honestly don't need to do anything.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Not if you buy the separate unlocked PCM and before you bring it to the Stealership, you swap it back to stock ;)
- Obviously, you have to remove the cabling to the OBDII as well
No, You cannot swap back and get away with it, simply because doing that will automatically Red Flag your car!
Why, Because your Challenger records mileage on more than one computer, other than the ECM, and the mileage will not match! An Instant Red Flag! Ry

Reactions: Mopar_NoCar

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
961 Posts
Not if you buy the separate unlocked PCM and before you bring it to the Stealership, you swap it back to stock ;)
- Obviously, you have to remove the cabling to the OBDII as well
Even if that were possible (It ain't) once you do things like cam, long tubes and a supercharger your stock PCM will not even be able to keep the car running. If you are doing tuning and not swapping out parts, what is the point? all that money to tune a car to gain maybe 20 H.P.????

·
Registered
209 Posts
Even if that were possible (It ain't) once you do things like cam, long tubes and a supercharger your stock PCM will not even be able to keep the car running. If you are doing tuning and not swapping out parts, what is the point? all that money to tune a car to gain maybe 20 H.P.????
Well with the right tuner you can get 25-35 RWHP. Its not a crazy power increase, but it will be enough to allow you to gap someone that is stock. Just saying :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts