Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Challenger R/T competely stock. Wife's car so well cared for and driven easily except once in a while when I take it for a spin.

Bought new from stealership and serviced at stealership. No one else has touched this car.

Within 90 days of purchase Air Bag Light came on and Air conditioning stopped working. Took it in and it was covered under warranty. Replaced part of a wiring harness. No more issues until now.

3.5 years later and same exact symptoms. Now we are out of warranty. Same exact symptoms.

I see recalls on slightly older models.

I see tons of customer complaints about the same exact symptoms across many models including Challenger, Charger and even 300's.

Does anyone have a permanent fix for this?

Has anyone had any luck getting the Stealership to cover this repair even though it is out of warranty?

Seems like they have faulty harness and built the car with faulty harness and replaced it a second time with faulty harness.

Your thoughts ?

·
Premium Member
12,626 Posts
Have not heard of this yet. I sounds like it is still in the harness someplace.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,118 Posts
That would be most annoying. Hope it is a cheap easy fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am actually chatting with Dodge now via their website. And I had them call the dealership. Seems sketchy to me that almost exactly two years later we have the same exact problem. And the first thing the service writer said is "you are out of warranty".

If it is the same fix (if they are honest enough to tell me that) then I am going to be very upset that I have to pay to say the least.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I am wondering is there was a very long thread about the Air Bag Light coming on and a bad connector and wire harness. 7 pages of posts with multiple posters. Plus a recall on April 2011 through Dec 2011 vehicles was vetted out.

I wonder if this problem extends further than the recalled years.

I am happy that I was actually able to speak with a girl on the dodge website via chat who called the dealership and spoke to them directly and ask my questions. She then created a case and escalated it to a case manager from Dodge who she says will contact me by 8pm on Monday.

We will see what if any value is in this process. I am hoping Dodge will stand up and do the right thing. Time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts