Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mopar headlamp cold air intake tube doesn’t fit the 2019 Scat Pack Shaker. The headlights have been changed. The back cap of the air catcher headlights doesn’t just come off, but has to be unscrewed first. The air box still has the hole to attach the Mopar tube. But it won’t fit. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I also would like to add to ASigh93s'. I just purchased a 2019 392 and my hood has 3 functional air intakes; the middle and two "reverse" side air intakes. I am sure that scat pack hood is the same as the 392.

I would think that an intake tube should be coming soon. When it does I am going to try not putting on the top cover of the box, making sure the box is sealed from engine compartment air and allow air to enter from the bottom (stock), "ram air" thru the headlight tube and also grab air from the top driver side inlet in the hood. I did this on my 2016 Challenger SXT and my intake temps. were greatly reduced. What do you think. My stock 2016 3.6l 1/4 mile times were 15.1, 15.2 pure stock and are now 14.6 - 14.8 with an Injen CAI, Tazer, Peddle Commanders, and Muffler Delete.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sealing the air box is an excellent idea. I don’t think the part will work for Shakers. Lets see.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Correction of my earlier post about the air intake. After re-reading my statements it seemed to me to not be accurate. What I did do was to buy the hellcat lower air box with the headlight inlet tube. I haven't gone back to the track yet because, believe it or not, it has rained ever track day or on the days immediately before track day for the whole month of Feb. I thought I lived in socal. where it doesn't rain.

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Were you able to remove the caps? I feel that there are 2 (torx) set screws on the sides, did they have to be removed? I have simply tried twisting the caps counter clockwise but havent been able to remove them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks, I just need the scoop, I have already installed a JLT Performance cai. Just haven’t been able to find correct scoop tube
Thanks

·
Banned
544 Posts
The JLT box has a provision for a tube, since the HC and 6.4 boxes are the same, but the 6.4 doesn't come with a way to secure the tube. JLT provides foam for the HC applications.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts