Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got a '19 392 Scat Pack Shaker also, do you need just the Hellcat intake tube or do you have to buy the Hellcat lower box and tube to make this work?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I called Steve White Motors and they said to use the Mopar rubber intake tube (Part #77072385) IF you have a Shaker hood and trim the tube to fit.

The Hellcat intake tube above (68322216AA) only works with the Hellcat lower airbox (68175164AC). Which if you use the Hellcat tube and airbox would not allow the Shaker tube to connect or function.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I called Steve White Motors and they said to use the Mopar rubber intake tube (Part #77072385) IF you have a Shaker hood and trim the tube to fit.

The Hellcat intake tube above (68322216AA) only works with the Hellcat lower airbox (68175164AC). Which if you use the Hellcat tube and airbox would not allow the Shaker tube to connect or function.
Steve White is correct & that tube will fit a 2019 Shaker. It fits very nice & is very easy to install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Were you able to remove the caps? I feel that there are 2 (torx) set screws on the sides, did they have to be removed? I have simply tried twisting the caps counter clockwise but havent been able to remove them.

The strange part is you have to remove the screws to get the cap off initially. But if you screw the two screws back into the headlight housing, you can then replace the cap at any time by lining up the grooves in the cap and turning it clockwise. To remove it, you would just turn counter clockwise. There is even an arrow diagram on the cap indicating the correct turning direction. Weird that they made it so difficult to remove but then realized you would never be able to line up the holes in the light housing with those in the cap to reinstall, so made it easy to reinstall by just twisting the cap on using the two screws you reinstall in the light housing if you wish to do so later on.

I'm glade that someone finally pointed pointed out the 2019 light change. Every YouTube install video is incorrect for 2019 models and it is no longer a 15 minute job. I couldn't get my torx wrench in the one side and ended up loosening the light housing and tipping it forward to remove one set screw. More like a 1 to 1 1/2 hour job now!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Is anyone going to make a tube that fits Shaker-equipped cars without having to carve it up prior to installing? Just curious. I've watched all of the videos I could find about installing this air tube but no one has shown it being done on a 2019 Shaker-equipped Scat Pack car.

It's pretty frustrating as I just bought one of these rubber tubes and now I'm being told I've got to butcher it to get it to work because Dodge decided to re-engineer the headlights!

I'm returning this part. Hopefully, someone will engineer one for the 2019+ Challengers...

IMG_2532.jpeg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is anyone going to make a tube that fits Shaker-equipped cars without having to carve it up prior to installing? Just curious. I've watched all of the videos I could find about installing this air tube but no one has shown it being done on a 2019 Shaker-equipped Scat Pack car.

It's pretty frustrating as I just bought one of these rubber tubes and now I'm being told I've got to butcher it to get it to work because Dodge decided to re-engineer the headlights!

I'm returning this part. Hopefully, someone will engineer one for the 2019+ Challengers...

View attachment 185188
On the install sheet you can see the 1-800 number for customer service, they we're as useless as Teats on a Boar Hog!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The strange part is you have to remove the screws to get the cap off initially. But if you screw the two screws back into the headlight housing, you can then replace the cap at any time by lining up the grooves in the cap and turning it clockwise. To remove it, you would just turn counter clockwise. There is even an arrow diagram on the cap indicating the correct turning direction. Weird that they made it so difficult to remove but then realized you would never be able to line up the holes in the light housing with those in the cap to reinstall, so made it easy to reinstall by just twisting the cap on using the two screws you reinstall in the light housing if you wish to do so later on.

I'm glade that someone finally pointed pointed out the 2019 light change. Every YouTube install video is incorrect for 2019 models and it is no longer a 15 minute job. I couldn't get my torx wrench in the one side and ended up loosening the light housing and tipping it forward to remove one set screw. More like a 1 to 1 1/2 hour job now!
I’m still stuck here trying to loosen them somehow. I just am not able to. At all!

·
Registered
399 Posts
This is a Catch-22 design brought to you by the fine folks at Dodge/FCA. For some reason, they thought it was funny to screw over guys wanting to make their marketing hype a reality.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
I may be wrong but it looks to me that the headlight hole tube is a larger diameter on the 2019 as well, meaning the standard D.I.P.S. screen probably won't be big enough.

I was looking at a 2019 in a dealership show room, and both headlights had no outer cap like the 2015 ~ 2018 does, it was already open to outer air all the way to the rear of the tube where the tube cap is.

I don't know if all are like that or just the one in the showroom but the tube I/D does look larger?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The caps are off! After some cuts and scrapes... i tried to install the performance Spectre tube on Passenger side but I couldn’t make it fit. Will try again soon.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The caps are off! After some cuts and scrapes... i tried to install the performance Spectre tube on Passenger side but I couldn’t make it fit. Will try again soon.
I'm confused. So, did you have any success attaching the tube from the driver's side headlight to the airbox? At what point was there an option for attaching a duct from the passenger side headlight?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Nothing for Driver’s side. WorkPlayDrive has a video on his Youtube Channel for a tube for the Passenger side. To divert the air flow to below the engine so as to keep engine bay clean. I thought I’d do the same.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I’m already buying parts for a car that hasn’t arrived yet....
Wow, we've got the same car. Mine's a Shaker, is yours? I returned the air tube I bought online because it wouldn't work without butchering it now that Dodge changed the headlight bucket. Be careful not to buy the wrong items. Provide your VIN to suppliers, if you know what it is already. It might save some aggravation. I considered buying some things before my car arrived as well, but held off in case the deal fell through. When are you expecting delivery? Who's your dealer?

·
Registered
30 Posts
6C0962EE-CC8B-4734-86F6-57D21B4C00F1.jpeg
My Dealer was Renton Dodge. I don’t have a delivery date as of yet. I bought the parts from Steve White that are listed to fit the 2019 Challenger Scat Pack. My car isn’t a shaker, I like the Hellcat hood more than a shaker personally. Besides, I’ve got a shaker on my Mustang!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I got mine through West Hills Dodge in Bremerton because the tax rate was lower. It took nearly 8 weeks from order to delivery. Worth every minute of the wait, though. ;)

Your Mustang is awesome! I've had five Mustangs myself, so I'm no stranger to them. I made a faux Mach I out of my 2007 GT. I called it a "Mock I" Installed the Chip Foose "Stallion" hood, with a shaker. LOL

I love the Hellcat hood, too. Sexy as anything. Very curvaceous, to the point of being like an exotic. Good call. I would have went that way too had I not had a serious love of Shakers!

I've had CAI on a few cars. A '71 Dodge Charger Super Bee, a '71 Plymouth GTX as well. (Called "Air Grabber" on the Plymouth, "Ramcharger" on the Dodge).

Here's my Mustang, which I sold a few years ago:

2007 Ford Mustang 3.jpg

21 - 40 of 43 Posts