Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Mine are actually tape on, hinges screw to the louvers but tape to the car. I did get them from Dales but their response was to send them back for a refund.
Hey RIXKIX, just checking back to see if you solved your problem with the louvers! Hopefully it all worked out for you.:smileup:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
They're functional but this winter I'll be tweaking a bit more to get the fit better.

·
Registered
375 Posts
They're functional but this winter I'll be tweaking a bit more to get the fit better.
That's great, i would see if Dales will send you more of the tape that holds the top hinges on so you can take the louvers off the car to tweak them. It will make your job a lot easier. If i can be of any help let me know.:smileup:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I bought some 20 lb hold 3M tape at Home Depot just for this project. Should be good to go.

I also have a '71 type deck lid wing coming from Dales whenever they get back in stock, that's a winter project as well. The body shop that did my swap over from SRT spoiler to Go-Wing did such a crappy job the whole deck lid needs to be refinished. So it'll be removing the Go-Wing and refinishing or replacing the deck lid with an SE type, then installing the Dale's '71 wing.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I bought some 20 lb hold 3M tape at Home Depot just for this project. Should be good to go.

I also have a '71 type deck lid wing coming from Dales whenever they get back in stock, that's a winter project as well. The body shop that did my swap over from SRT spoiler to Go-Wing did such a crappy job the whole deck lid needs to be refinished. So it'll be removing the Go-Wing and refinishing or replacing the deck lid with an SE type, then installing the Dale's '71 wing.
I decked out my Chally to look as close to a 71 R/T as possible. I checked out Dales site today and would like to get a 71 style deck lid wing to complete the package. Any word on when they will be back in stock? Also do you know who has the best price on a replacement deck lid? I want to keep my orignal. My local dealer is a rip off and won't give me a decent deal on one. Full retail only.:shakehead:

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
The problem with this car is all the great mods that can be done to them. When I joined I was just going to do the exhaust but in the short 3 or so weeks I have been a member that plan is kaput lol

21 - 29 of 29 Posts