• No. It perfect just the way it is.

Votes: 17 51.5%
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay. Now for something different.
I’ve had my Scat Pack for almost a year now and I have absolutely no desire to mod it at all. I am very happy with the way it was designed and built by Dodge. A perfect balance to me. There are occasions when a shorter throw on the shifts feels like a welcome change but not enough for me to actually change it. The 245’s give enough grip for the spirited driving I do and maybe keep me in check. Now I am not criticizing people that mod theirs just wondering how many others feel like me.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,347 Posts
I haven't done as many mods on my Hellcat as I did on R/T, but the money spent is about the same. I modded my 2013 R/T Classic with aftermarket wheels, wider tires, Corsa catback exhaust system, CAI, oil-separator (catch can), Diablo Trinity Tuner, Pedal Commander, and several interior and exterior trim and appearance enhancements.

To date, I've modded my 2015 HC with a carbon fiber CAI, catch can, and most recently a Barton short-throw shifter (this is one mod that makes a noticeable change in the way the Tremec shifts and I LOVE the improvement) along with a Speed Dawg shifter knob (appearance mod, but it's badassed). There's really not much more that I need or want to have modded on the Hellcat unless I get into serious track racing. I love the stock exhaust note and let's face it, installing a Pedal Commander on a Hellcat is just plain superfluous.

One thing I learned from the untold thousands I spent modding my R/T in the 8 years I owned her is that when it came to trading her in, not one of those mods added a penny to its trade-in value. As a trade-in, the dealership even asked me to revert most of the mods back to stock (glad I kept the OE parts). Mods might help in a private sale if the buyer is an enthusiast and knows what performance mods add to the car, but most buyers are not enthusiasts and won't care. Some will even shy away from a car that has been modded in the belief that a modded car is an abused car.

·
Registered
2020 Gold Rush T/A 392 50th Anniversary, 66 of 70
222 Posts
I'm in the small group of leave it alone. But, only because my policy is to think about any potential mod for a couple weeks before actually doing it. That's saved my car from carbon fiber stickers and cheesy graphics many times once I sobered up! 🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
I figured out that mechanically, they've fine tuned it to where mods are a huge waste of money. Back in the 60s and 70s great power and mileage gains were had with a few inexpensive parts but with all the computer controls, it just makes whatever adjustments it wants to keep it within it's parameters regardless of what you do. Sometimes it's actually counter productive. An example is the Resonator that used to come attached to the intake tube. I always wondered why the Charger which didn't have it was a few HP less than the Challenger. It's because that resonator wasn't just to muffle sound. It also produced better more stable air flow. But people tossed it and bought the Charger tube and Dodge finally just said why bother so they all come without the resonator. Trying to outsmart the engineers no longer works. All I mod now is cosmetics to make it look better and any protective items like mud flaps and window tint.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,347 Posts
That's saved my car from carbon fiber stickers and cheesy graphics many times once I sobered up! 🤣🤣🤣
Hey bud, carbon fiber stickers are good for 25 aftermarket butt-dyno ponies. Cheesy graphics double that!

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
3,076 Posts
Only thing I've changed on mine are safety and reliability type things.

Like jack pads on the pinchwelds so I can use my quickjack easier, or front & rear strut bars to help with handling....and tires cuz the factory ones were not working.

Also will be adding an alarm system and dashcams soon.

Also installed a cover plate for the manual shift to neutral lever by the shifter.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
4,656 Posts
The thing with Mods to me it depends no one can determine what the others are going to be happy with or like or dislike on their own car.
You then have to break the Mod things down, Appearance Mods, Performance Mods, Suspension Mods, Etc., Etc.,,.
For Instance personally I do not like a Slammed to the Ground look and over Sized Wheels on top of that crammed on all 4 corners.
Old school guy here so I do like a Raked Stance I do like some Taller Tires on the back end, I do not like Black Wheels I like contrast but I am not knocking
those who do. I like to see the detail of a Wheel especially if spending a ton of cash let me see its design several feet away to get my eye.

I was about to say I do not like CF seriously a square woven block is not appealing to my eyes either Hemimetal was reading my mind lol.
Not knocking but I cant stand it also majority many do not actually have true CF stuff just decal or Hydro Dip so its a fake and for that money
i'd save for something else more stand out, Matts, Strut Bars, etc.,

Performance Mods for instance on the 3.5 or the more plentiful 220 Cubic Inch 3.6 Pentastar. So many 180 Degree Thermostat Mod, CAI, Ripp Coils, larger TB,
and Exhaust mods. Max Ponies your may push 320 to 325/330hp at the FLYWHEEL not the Rear Wheel or Both Differentials on AWD it does not happen
that every bit of it makes it to the Axles yet many want to argue that. Just cause you now have more response does not mean HP increased for 230.00 range
you can install a Banks Pedal Monster for instance and result as for Throttle Response is identical at 1/5th the cost or less then adding up all the placebo bolt
on products. Also the HP does not stack on any Internal Combustion Engine by Advertised HP Numbers. That said ok if your happy nice that is great your wallet
and in the end of your Happy Wonderful. How many actually have DYNO Numbers before and After? Only one on here I know who did and yes he made that
Pentastar a bear.

The thing to consider is this Are they Happy? If yes great if not then perhaps if they research and examine all Mods and appearance to their vision.
Make the Car YOUR"S and make yourself Happy. Just cause I would not do something doesn't mean that is what they should do to please me its not my
Money or Car.

Ok getting long winded apologize here.

Would I risk a warranty of early Performance Mods NO things break expensive things. If Money is not object have Fun Enjoy...

Bottom Line, Love your Challenger, Enjoy Your Challenger, Personalize it and most of all Drive it!!!
Bill

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't done as many mods on my Hellcat as I did on R/T, but the money spent is about the same. I modded my 2013 R/T Classic with aftermarket wheels, wider tires, Corsa catback exhaust system, CAI, oil-separator (catch can), Diablo Trinity Tuner, Pedal Commander, and several interior and exterior trim and appearance enhancements.

To date, I've modded my 2015 HC with a carbon fiber CAI, catch can, and most recently a Barton short-throw shifter (this is one mod that makes a noticeable change in the way the Tremec shifts and I LOVE the improvement) along with a Speed Dawg shifter knob (appearance mod, but it's badassed). There's really not much more that I need or want to have modded on the Hellcat unless I get into serious track racing. I love the stock exhaust note and let's face it, installing a Pedal Commander on a Hellcat is just plain superfluous.

One thing I learned from the untold thousands I spent modding my R/T in the 8 years I owned her is that when it came to trading her in, not one of those mods added a penny to its trade-in value. As a trade-in, the dealership even asked me to revert most of the mods back to stock (glad I kept the OE parts). Mods might help in a private sale if the buyer is an enthusiast and knows what performance mods add to the car, but most buyers are not enthusiasts and won't care. Some will even shy away from a car that has been modded in the belief that a modded car is an abused car.
[/Q]

Interesting point about the resale.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,347 Posts
First 5 minutes of my 392 in my driveway, I got rid of the MDS.
2 years later I dumped about $8,000 in mods and worth every penny.
I am the wrong guy to talk to.
Really? Because you sound like a good guy to have a beer with, although my gf would probably try to convince me otherwise, LOL

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,347 Posts
I was about to say I do not like CF seriously a square woven block is not appealing to my eyes either Hemimetal was reading my mind lol.
Not knocking but I cant stand it also majority many do not actually have true CF stuff just decal or Hydro Dip so its a fake and for that money
i'd save for something else more stand out, Matts, Strut Bars, etc.,
Oh hell NAW. Mine's for real! LOL!
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive design

Personal protective equipment Hat Circle Fashion accessory Metal

1 - 20 of 69 Posts