• Yes. Why wouldn’t you?

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No. It perfect just the way it is.

Votes: 14 56.0%
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just have some basics like headers, unlocked PCM, HC lower airbox, and mud flaps. The flaps keep the lower panels cleaner. I feel like this is like owning a helicopter, every hour of driving equals two of cleaning, doting, and babying.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker B5 Blue, Automatic.Hurst pistol grip shifter grip shifter
169 Posts
I'm more of a visual modder and a slight engine enhancer, not a power monger. What I've done is to remove the ridiculous plastic shift handle (I have an A8) and replaced it with a Hurst shift handle....Installed a catch can...changed the throttle body to a Fastman 84mmn, which makes pedal response so much better....installed Redline striping....got a great deal on SRT Rims; had them Powder coated Matte Black and put 275 tires on them....installed Challenger S.S. door sills...installed Scat Pack ghost lights in place of the standard lights...replaced the 392 Hemi lettering on the Shaker with the Dodge name and put the red stripes on similar to the dodge Logo....Removed the Dodge name between the tail lights and installed a Scat Pack design logo in my B5 blue car color.... removed the R/T logo on the front grill and installed an SRT Powered logo in it's place and also on the rear spoiler....added a T/A logo on the opposite side of the spoiler and finally removed the mid mufflers...so, mostly all visual and I think the Matte Black rims look great on the car as I didn't care for the stock ones.(They are similar to the rims on the '08 when it first came out). It's your car, do what you want so your happy and drive it like you stole it!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all and be safe out there!!

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker B5 Blue, Automatic.Hurst pistol grip shifter grip shifter
169 Posts
I'm more of a visual modder and a slight engine enhancer, not a power monger. What I've done is to remove the ridiculous plastic shift handle (I have an A8) and replaced it with a Hurst shift handle....Installed a catch can...changed the throttle body to a Fastman 84mmn, which makes pedal response so much better....installed Redline striping....got a great deal on SRT Rims; had them Powder coated Matte Black and put 275 tires on them....installed Challenger S.S. door sills...installed Scat Pack ghost lights in place of the standard lights...replaced the 392 Hemi lettering on the Shaker with the Dodge name and put the red stripes on similar to the dodge Logo....Removed the Dodge name between the tail lights and installed a Scat Pack design logo in my B5 blue car color.... removed the R/T logo on the front grill and installed an SRT Powered logo in it's place and also on the rear spoiler....added a T/A logo on the opposite side of the spoiler and finally removed the mid mufflers...so, mostly all visual and I think the Matte Black rims look great on the car as I didn't care for the stock ones.(They are similar to the rims on the '08 when it first came out). It's your car, do what you want so your happy and drive it like you stole it!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all and be safe out there!!
Opppssss.........forgot......mudflaps also.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
“To each his own…”.

You are Ab-So-Flipin-Lute-Lee correct!
The Challengers were designed to please those car enthusiasts that appreciate authentic Old-School look. Along with that; the performance is adequate for which ever series (3.6, 5.7, 6.4, 6.2) people can afford. Enjoy The RIDE…

My ultimate point is:
I personally appreciate any & all folks that LOVE their Challengers just the way they left the factory. If everyone Modified their Challengers, no one would know what an ALL Original Looks Like. Especially, at car shows. Keep Up the good work and leave your car “AS-IS” for your reasons, and those of us that CAN’T LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE will continue to be the ones having our own brand of fun.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have only added black out covers for my taillights, smoked side markers, and hurst shifter.

I have the plus package so I have the suede headliner and carbon fiber trim. Iam good with the interior from the factory and the power of the 6.4L.

Iam not even sure if Iam allowed to comment since widebodies are an abomination.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Hood

Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Grey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay. Now for something different.
I’ve had my Scat Pack for almost a year now and I have absolutely no desire to mod it at all. I am very happy with the way it was designed and built by Dodge. A perfect balance to me. There are occasions when a shorter throw on the shifts feels like a welcome change but not enough for me to actually change it. The 245’s give enough grip for the spirited driving I do and maybe keep me in check. Now I am not criticizing people that mod theirs just wondering how many others feel like me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I’ve had my Scat Pack for almost a year now and I have absolutely no desire to mod it at all. I am very happy with the way it was designed and built by Dodge. A perfect balance to me. There are occasions when a shorter throw on the shifts feels like a welcome change but not enough for me to actually change it. The 245’s give enough grip for the spirited driving I do and maybe keep me in check. Now I am not criticizing people that mod theirs just wondering how many others feel like me.
There's NO need to alter the factory settings or addon more stuff. when I went to the SRT event they host for buying amy SRT, they were VERY clear. When you alter the factory stuff, there are unintended results which can hinder ther true performance of SRT's. Stick with what it came with or buy the next level of car. Add-ons are very expensive and detrack , in my opinion from its looks and performance.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
4,972 Posts
I have only added black out covers for my taillights, smoked side markers, and hurst shifter.

I have the plus package so I have the suede headliner and carbon fiber trim. Iam good with the interior from the factory and the power of the 6.4L.

Iam not even sure if Iam allowed to comment since widebodies are an abomination.

View attachment 314593

View attachment 314595

View attachment 314596
"plus package so I have the suede headliner and carbon fiber trim"

Agreed. I have the same set up and while I have added a few things, shift ball, fuzzy dice, etc. It's really nice as it comes from the factory.

Reactions: AZBEESCAT

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
(LOL) "LAUGHING OUT LOUD" at all you late comers... (SMH) Shaking MY Head too...

Though many of you have an awesomely GREAT POINT about staying OEM.
The real funny thing is:
Once Upon A Time; the SRT8 was the Big Dog at 425 HP for a few years, with limited Interior styles (No Suede Headliners), only a couple Exterior Designs, and the Wheels were extremely limited.

IF it weren't for those of us that contributed to the vast extra's for Interior Styles & Colors (to include Suede Headliners & Two-Toned Seats), various Stripe Packages, Wheels, and Super Chargers. Oh, btw we also complained ENDLESSLY to Ralph Gilles & Tim Kiniskis about the ridiculous low & lame Horsepower on the SRT, and do you think the WIDE BODY KIT was an idea the Exec's at Mopar had... We (I was in an Enthusiasts-Owners Meeting at Spring-Fest in So. Cal) and suggested they shouldn't even think about ending the Body Style, but instead just change the Front Grille & Tail Light Panel (like the 1970 to the 1971 and possibly the 1972 Challengers).
Yes! That really happened, just like the Redline Challenger did at SpringFest in Southern Cali.

So, by saying you that you LIKE or LOVE your current vehicle as it is... It's a GRAND COMPLIMENT to those of us that CHANGE our Challengers to our liking. Thank a MOPAR car enthusiasts that bought the 2008, 2009, and 2010's for our ideas and Modifications.

You Are Welcome !

Reactions: doc440

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
(LOL) "LAUGHING OUT LOUD" at all you late comers... (SMH) Shaking MY Head too...

Though many of you have an awesomely GREAT POINT about staying OEM.
The real funny thing is:
Once Upon A Time; the SRT8 was the Big Dog at 425 HP for a few years, with limited Interior styles (No Suede Headliners), only a couple Exterior Designs, and the Wheels were extremely limited.

IF it weren't for those of us that contributed to the vast extra's for Interior Styles & Colors (to include Suede Headliners & Two-Toned Seats), various Stripe Packages, Wheels, and Super Chargers. Oh, btw we also complained ENDLESSLY to Ralph Gilles & Tim Kiniskis about the ridiculous low & lame Horsepower on the SRT, and do you think the WIDE BODY KIT was an idea the Exec's at Mopar had... We (I was in an Enthusiasts-Owners Meeting at Spring-Fest in So. Cal) and suggested they shouldn't even think about ending the Body Style, but instead just change the Front Grille & Tail Light Panel (like the 1970 to the 1971 and possibly the 1972 Challengers).
Yes! That really happened, just like the Redline Challenger did at SpringFest in Southern Cali.

So, by saying you that you LIKE or LOVE your current vehicle as it is... It's a GRAND COMPLIMENT to those of us that CHANGE our Challengers to our liking. Thank a MOPAR car enthusiasts that bought the 2008, 2009, and 2010's for our ideas and Modifications.

You Are Welcome !
Lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'M WITH YOU !!!!!!!!! I have a 2010 since new.....the only mod was the FLOWMASTERs exhaust and better breathing....otherwise , it is AS STOCK AS THE DAY I LEFT THE DEALER and has been that way for me since new.....like you said, "a perfect balance to me"....I applaud your thinking !

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hear ya brother! My 2021 T/A 392 Scatpak has 275's. Only changes i would consider would be to street slicks
and an oil catch can.

·
Registered
24 Posts
"plus package so I have the suede headliner and carbon fiber trim"

Agreed. I have the same set up and while I have added a few things, shift ball, fuzzy dice, etc. It's really nice as it comes from the factory.
On most of thr gas powered trucks i have owned I always changed the exhaust..on the diesels I always deleted them...but in the last few year the diesels have come a long way and deleting them has not been a "must" and its gettign harder to do with the manufactures really locking the computers down.

On my scat I thoiught about changing the xhaust but I am really liking the stock exhaust in terms of sound. I am have looked at other exhausts but I am not wanting to attract attention morde than I need as these cars already stand out.

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
On most of thr gas powered trucks i have owned I always changed the exhaust..on the diesels I always deleted them...but in the last few year the diesels have come a long way and deleting them has not been a "must" and its gettign harder to do with the manufactures really locking the computers down.

On my scat I thoiught about changing the xhaust but I am really liking the stock exhaust in terms of sound. I am have looked at other exhausts but I am not wanting to attract attention morde than I need as these cars already stand out.
Yes, the factory exhaust is very good. But, I changed my mids to Vibrant 1794's and really like it. Woke it up just enough.

Reactions: AZBEESCAT

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
Do you have a video by chance.
No, guess I should make one. But exhaust mod videos really all sound the same to me. Really need to hear one in person. That's how I decided against the dyna max mini race bullets, Sounded good on you tube but in person they were too raspy for me. But I will try to make one this weekend. Pretty easy.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Borla ATAK/Kook LT headers, Comp 270/+115 cam. 5.7 L.
I liked the sound of it and still had excellent mpg.
That sounds good but i bet its really loud when you step on the gas. Not what im looking for but i know the earlier Challengers dont have active exhaust so id do something with it as well. My 2018 does have it and imo its loud enough.
Got to say the Zoomers do sound good as well, just think SpeedLogic is a cheesy company. Alot of their stuf is junk and over priced.

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
That sounds good but i bet its really loud when you step on the gqs. Not what im looking for but i know the earlier Challengers dont have active exhaust so id do something with it as well. My 2018 does have it and imo its loud enough.
Got to say the Zoomers do sound good as well, just think SpeedLogic is a cheesy company. Alot of their stuf is junk and over priced.
My SpeedLogic skip shift eliminator I got from them is the best $25 I have spent on my car since I got it.

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
Do you have a video by chance.
Here you go. I will post this on its own thread as well. Remember I also have my active exhaust valves disabled as well as the Vibrant 1794's. This is a cold start. Sorry about the wind. Storms moving in.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts