Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
:hah: Is this a trick question ??

Depends on the car to be honest we all know the type and real Muscle car owners car spot them a mile away of those who bought the Challenger as the flavor of the month car.
Now me from the old street racing days only certain cars get a wave .

As far as you being weird well not qualified to give a expert answer there.:smileup::4-dontknow:

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
29,029 Posts
There's a few threads around here about waving and responses or lack thereof. If I see another in time to get a hand up, I wave. You gotta remember - there are those who are unenlightened and consider a Challenger just another car. Then there's people like us.....:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I'll be honest, when I first bought my car I waved like a nerd to every other Challenger I saw, got back a whole lot of nothing with maybe a random wave eeeevery now and then. Not a lot of friendlies down here! I get more waves, thumbs up and comments from non-Challenger drivers really.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
There's hardly any Challengers in my area....just a few of us. Three of us all wave like crazed groupies....the other could care less. Are you weird....heck no....just a very proud Challenger owner!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Yep no doubt about it, you are weird.

Although... I am too;)

But then that's a good thing in my book! I do it too and am surprised by the number of folks who don't wave back. Out here in AZ on a long straight desert highway, its not uncommon to wave to other motorists you pass anyway, no matter what kind of ride they have. Kind of friendly and nice if you ask me and after all, what does it cost you to wave?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
I get the light switch a lot of times and do the same back :4-wavey:. Secret society of ... :4-xbones:

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
I have done the wave from day one and it has developed into a flash of the headlights and a wave or thumbs up. If I pull up on one going the same direction, I'll give the thumbs up or wave, but don't dwell on a reciprocation response as it would take my eyes off the road too long. :Wow1:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm a city bus driver, and we always wave to each other in passing. Some don't wave back, and I don't really care.

I do the same thing with Challengers when I see them, and sometimes I get a response, sometimes I don't. No worries. I don't care whether they are "flavour of the month car" owners or not.

·
Here Comes Trouble!
1,631 Posts
You are not alone. You have been assimilated. I've done waves and got little back. I've had headlights and two thumbs up, but that's about it.

I saw 3 other Challengers yesterday within less than 15 minutes. It was a beautiful afternoon. The first was a Stone White RT Classic - I did the wave and the guy maybe smiled, but that was about it. Then there is the blue RT with black war stripes that I consider less than an average driver, and the third was an SXT which was too funny.

Some car groups wave, some do lights (rare). Half of the time when I wave I feel like a total idiot, but then I don't care.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This thread is too funny. It hot I was the only one because when I wave no one around here waves back but who cares. I used to think it came to me from riding motorcycles since we all wave at each other but good to know that's not it at all!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I saw 3 challengers in a span of 5 minutes yesterday. 2 of them waved back and the other looked at me like I was out of my mind. It doesn't help that I can't get the stupid grin off my face every time I get behind the wheel. I'm 45 yrs old and feel like a high school kid again.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I will wave if I see it in time to do so... I usually get a thumbs up in response or a crazy look back.... I don't care , every Challenger owner knows they are in a special league, and they know this is just part of being a Chally owner whether they want the attention or not.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Your not crazy. Your a CHALLENGER OWNER. :D

I'm in a big city (Chicago) and I hardly ever see Challengers so when I do, I usually give a quick hit of the horn, wave or flash the lights if they're heading toward me. So far, I've gotten a response from almost everyone.

There is this guy, that I see on my way to work, that has a Orange or Red Classic and he never acknowledges me or even looks my way when I'm next to him.

We come across each other, on the expressway, in the morning. The first two times I saw him, I gave him a wave a beep of the horn and got no reaction. Now when I see him, I just drive by him like he's a prius owner.....lol :D

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
ive gotten all types of responses, from waves, flashing lights, being ignored even down to getting the finger from a guy in a PCP, and if memory serves me correctly he even called me:super:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.