Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Several people showed some interest in how things are going on in Ukraine concerning American Muscles and other Performance cars, so i figured I could make a thread where i will post some of those juicy cars I will spot.

Definitely will post a lot of rebuilding projects since most of those vehicles are being imported from salvage auctions.
But here, in Ukraine, people who buy such cars are doing a superb job at rebuilding them, since 99% of owners are car enthusiasts and make sure that the project is perfect

Keep in mind, that in Ukraine, most of the vehicles are small family crossovers or hatchbacks with engines ranging from 1 to 3.5 liters, the last seen as pretty big already. So you can try to imagine how these rare, extremely big in size, bearing 5+ litre engines, screaming of raw power and extreme mpg numbers cars are percieved in out society.

Speaking of what performance cars are usual for our country, those are Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and other brands alike. This comes from the fact that almost no American brand has an official dealer located here and even if they do, they offer only small models made specifically for european market. Another reason is that true American vehicles just do not suit our lifestyle, our infrastructure, our salaries and just common sense:) So it's a joy only for true lovers and enthusiasts which makes it even better, since no random guy will be driving around in a beauty like that, keeps it all rare and unique.

Thus, the only way to obtain a true American car- is to import one yourself. And that is a pain in the ass, to say the least

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And to start with, here is a 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, which was brought in just this month from Canada.

The story behind is that the vehicle was in perfect condition, since it was only stolen, not after accident- and that was the reason why it ended up on salvage auction. It was granted a salvage title for some reason (don't know how this works in Canada). So there was actually almost no work required to let this bad boy on the roads, except for some detailing work since it had some dents and scratches on the bumper and trunk lid.

Super rare vehicle for Ukraine, as far as i know, there are probably less then 10 of those 2015+ Hellcats in the country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts