1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Challenger Old Guy...
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To all my friends here on the "Z"...

It is with sadness and mixed emotion that I made the decision to sell my
treasured baby (2009 with 6k miles) and noted that the first person to
look at the car gave me my price and immediately purchased it.

Due to health problems in the immediate family and my impending 2nd.
and permanent retirement, I must liquidate assets and address some
important financial issues. All those who are close to or have recently
retired know what I am talking about.

I wish to say that my experience here on the ForumZ has been positive and
have met some great and supportive people, which in itself is also something
that I will also truly miss. I hope to keep my Challenger Tips site up as long as
possible for I know that there are many folks who use and can appreciate the
wealth of collected information there for all to use.

-Marv'

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,616 Posts
To all my friends here on the "Z"...

It is with sadness and mixed emotion that I made the decision to sell my
treasured baby (2009 with 6k miles) and noted that the first person to
look at the car gave me my price and immediately purchased it.

Due to health problems in the immediate family and my impending 2nd.
and permanent retirement, I must liquidate assets and address some
important financial issues. All those who are close to or have recently
retired know what I am talking about.

I wish to say that my experience her on the ForumZ has been positive and
have met some great and supportive people, which in itself is also something
that I will also miss. I hope to keep my Challenger Tips site up as long as
possible for I know that there are many folks who use and can appreciate the
wealth of collected information there for all to use.

-Marv'

Oh my, you have to do what you have to. My thoughts are with you and your family in hopes that things improve. You certainly have been an asset to this site. Do not stay away, visit as often as you can. I really would miss your wonderful posts.

·
12,989 Posts
I hear where you are coming from Marv, Ill be looking at retirement real soon too and I know there are some big changes coming, anyway you have been a great asset here and I really hope your gonna stick around and I wish you the best in the future.

·
RELIVN
301 Posts
Latenite -

Best wishes to you. I understand where you are coming from and how tough the decision was to come to. Take care of yourself and enjoy your retirement. Visit us every now and then.

Dick

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Well, someone just got a helluva great Challenger. You my friend have been very instrumental in the development of this website with your robust Challenger tips throughout the past 6 years. I'm sorry to hear about you selling your car. You are doing what you need to do, plain and simple and I respect the hell out of you for it. May God Bless your Family. - TikiMan

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
We all at some point need to prioritize our time and money, and so I understand your decision. Hate to see you let go of your Challenger but you can always keep visiting the "Z". So, please stay in touch. Regards.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,421 Posts
Marv, so very sorry you have to give up your Challenger. I hope and pray that all will turn out well for you. You have been a great help to me, and I am sure to many others on this forum. Your Challenger tips is bookmarked on my computer and I find it very helpful. Please stay on the forum and keep in touch. My best to you in your retirement.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Well Marv, all good things must come to an end. It did for me....twice! LOL!!! :D

But anyway, make sure you stick around on the forum. We love your posts of insightful articles and opinions just as much as your Challenger info.

I still say that you should put your name back in the running for M.O.T.M. !!! You truly deserve it my friend!!!! :smileup:

:wavey:

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,500 Posts
Wow, I didn't expect to see this. Marv, I know that you had to think long and hard about doing this and it was not done lightly. However, I also glad you were able to get what you wanted for your what I can no doubt believe was a top rate Challenger. Whoever got that Challenger definately got a PRIZE!

Hope to see you around here as much as you can. No value your posts and refer to the Challenger Tips at least once a week as well as refer members to them for problems. Take Care!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
So sad to read this, but at certain times in life, tough decisions must be made. You have a whole new world waiting for you in your Retirement. Enjoy this next part of your life and thank you for all your great posts! You will be missed.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,421 Posts
Agree with oilslick, MOTM would be a deserving honor, and we hope you would put your name up for this award.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I still say that you should put your name back in the running for M.O.T.M. !!! You truly deserve it my friend!!!! :smileup:

:wavey:
Agree with oilslick, MOTM would be a deserving honor, and we hope you would put your name up for this award.
I will third this! I have enjoyed many of your posts here on the forum, you will be missed! :Hey:

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Sorry to hear about your predicament, but addressing the more important things in life is just what we all have to do sooner or later. I thank you for all your knowledgable input and of course "Challenger Tips" has certainly been of great benefit to many, many members. Wish you the best and check in on the "Z" from time to time...DAVE

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
MOTM! MOTM! MOTM!! :3-smash::3-smash:

When I read post I didn't look until after reading to see the OP. hated to see your name there. Good luck to you and stick around. having a challenger isn't a prerequisite to being a member!:smileup:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Marv, I really can't add much more that hasn't already been expressed. I didn't realize that you hosted the "tips" site, but it's a great resource and has been invaluable to me and scores of other Challenger owners, both here on the Z and other sites as well.

Best of luck to you, and I hope you continue to be a regular here on the Z. It because of members like you that I joined in the first place! :smileup:

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
Sorry to hear this Marv, you have been a great asset here and to the Challenger community in general. I hope that you do choose to stick around and add to the community as time permits. Perhaps things will change in the future and allow you to once again have a Challenger or some other dream car of your choice. Hang in there and best of luck to you and your family.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
This is a sad post Marv!! I for one truly appreciate all you have contributed to the Z. You have been a wealth of information and were always a 'go to' guy for the technical side of things. I hope you can stop in every now & then to share your insight and humor!

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
we've never met Marv but I've always enjoyed your posts here and the Challenger Tips has been extremely helpful to say the least.

sorry to hear you had to sell your car, that's never an easy decision to make but family comes first.

hope you stick around the Z though, car or not, once you're part of this family, you are in for life.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hate to hear that you had to sell your challenger, but I fully understand when life throws us a curve sometimes. I really hope you stay on the "Z" if for no other reason you can impart more of your wisdom and tips to help out some of us noobs. Good luck on your retirement.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts