Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This is basically same thing of engine swaps even though your not going Supercharged Hemi its not Feesable.
I wouldn't even mind. Hemi would give plenty juice. There's other things I could get done after that. I was gonna watch this last night but youtube was down

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That car shows up in your link however it is no longer available from that dealer. I assume they sent it to the auction or dumped it on someone.

Heres what we would be looking at realistically

But there are 6 that come up nationwide for 12 grand. 4 has no pictures, all but 1 comes from dealers with low ratings and dealers dont get bad reviews for bad customer service, it gets bad reviews for sending junk out the door. What will we need to fix? Then theres the fact that we are selling a 100,000 mile car to buy the same car with 120,000 miles. I would never do that, regardless of engine size

This car makes the most sense if im trading a car in with 100k miles on it and is color I would want it has 30ish thousand miles it is 20grand
The best deal there is 63k miles for 18grand no picture ofcourse.

Trade in value is 7500 Buying the new car just dont make sense not even if I were to buy the 09 rt for 12,500 with a 130 miles when the hemi engine is less than 4 and the tranny is 1500 without shopping around. fresh engine vs twilight. This engine has all known issues corrected by the way. I can get standard reman engine for 3

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I knew the get a new challenger crew would kill this thread.

I wish people would just let worry about their own pockets and just answer the questions people asks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Search results for query: engine swap se

This is where you can research this ... Best you can do more sensible is to go 1 of 2 ways.
1. Use your car as a trade in unless you want to dump easily over 15k to remotely get it right because you need a DONOR CAR that has been wrecked to have
all pieces for the swap....
2. Find hard to find Supercharger , PCM, Trans Upgrade etc. ,and enjoy the V6.

Your not the first to ask and the issue is it is not an easy task and no one makes a swap kit with instructions. That is behing Honest and Straight Forward.
When you take a NON HEMI car like yours that means its not meant to have one because it does not have the Cross Members. Harness, etc., for a HEMI...
That means no one here can tell you a step by step how to do such a project with everything being perfect.

It's going to bring headaches, and things modified like that is more prone to break and not work smoothly. That is why most say trade up that is the best
sensible and easiest why to get a Hemi Challenger. As an ASE MECHANIC and former ASE BODY / PAINT CHASSIS guy and one whos built Hotrods,
Race cars its not a easy swap and no one makes a Guide and gives you all the parts to embark on this project. It's trial , Error, Patience, and Money.

Above is a link on tons of others asking and read the threads on here and many with same backgrounds say it straight out being honesty why its not
a sensible project unless you got a HEMI Donor mainly a Wrecked Challenger...

Finally people have done it but many not successfully regardless what a Youtube video may say. Why dont they list the parts and instructions?
You can do some HP mods and get more out of that 3.5 but its a more limited option to do so then say a later SXT with the updated
3.6L Pentastar Engine with upgraded parts form Fiat Chrysler which already boost 50hp more with a true dual exhaust.

They have Throttle Bodies, Exhaust, Trans Kits and Suspension to help a V6 work better. No one Shut you down but if you wan to really do this
there is other things you need to consider. Many States wont allow that to be done for resale that's right in some states your not legally able to
do anything with the car like this and pass inspection based on the VIN, Insurance wont cover a wreck mod recouping that mod, most wont touch
a car like that being modded because they are leery is it done right how reliable, was all mods 100% done and properly.

Your Suspension wont hand the weight difference, the Cross Member Cradle is different the Chassis is different in some places, as well.
Beyond that if you want to do it and your determined and have the money time etc., Ok Build your Dream and be proud of it.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,836 Posts
09 se Automatic Challenger may need new engine.
Can it be upgraded with 5.7 hemi v8 or faster engine? Since I may need to replace why not improve abit.
The suspension is going bad and I have a whine, 105,000 miles on it.
If I did upgrade what all do I need to get for the swap?
As mostly everyone stated in their responses, IT'S EXPENSIVE and time consuming. It's NOT that they don't want to answer your question about 'What is needed?' it's that they are trying to inform you on the best course of action based upon your situation. There are plenty of Hemi swaps on YouTube. Watch some and you will be discouraged, big time. Good luck, in your endeavors.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
it could also be that with the economy the way it is, people can't afford a new car, so the used ones are expensive. already had my dealership call me twice since thanksgiving asking if i was willing to sell my scat. the 2nd time, they also offered a good deal on a 2021 scat, different color. told them if they give me the deal on a 50th, i would consider. salesman laughed at that. so i laughed back and told him to pound sand.
but, on the o.p's original post, there is a post here asking a similar question. plz don't take this the wrong way, but, asking the same question instead of just searching for the info, will not change the answer. if it was feasible, it would have been done several dozen times. but an sxt and swap in a 392. we would all be driving one. it isn't monetarily feasible. sorry bro.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I seen @Dodgeguy told you ive done it. My thread is in the build section of this forum with lots of pics. Theres a lot of factors that come into play to make the swap and be dependable. Ive got 2k hard miles on mine and no issues or lights. It comes down to how much experience you have. First buying a car thats 17-20k to modify is not for me. Ive got about 9k into mine at the moment. I sold the old drivetrain for what i paid for the original car. The radiator is the same for 3.6 as a 5.7. Cradle is the same. Biggest issue comes down to years. I went from 2011 to 2015, but i wanted the newer style dash. If your sticking with same year stuff then its much easier. Pre2015 is easier to deal with. Ask and if im here ill try to help, but i dont know your mechanical skills.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts