Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,055 Posts
That would just be sickening! Why do they even get to use the name?

·
13,007 Posts
Yikes!!! i hope its not true either.

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
I'm crossing my fingers so ya can't claim April Fools on me for this one! That Sux!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,055 Posts
Considering who posted this, we should all have deep suspicions. I think I am somehow to blame for starting something today.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
i wouldnt take stock in it. However Fiat now full ownership, can do whatever they want, who knows the barracuda , could make a comeback in EUROPE !! dont forget the CUDA Name is gone. chrysler lost the right to name years ago to AARcuda !
they do own the BARRACUDA name !

·
Registered
115 Posts
i wouldnt take stock in it. However Fiat now full ownership, can do whatever they want, who knows the barracuda , could make a comeback in EUROPE !! dont forget the CUDA Name is gone. chrysler lost the right to name years ago to AARcuda !
they do own the BARRACUDA name !
I heard it a little different. Chrysler does own Barracuda , they just recently recopy righted the name , but lost the name "Cuda" to a Romanian company because they let the copy right lapse. They never owned AAR ( All American Racing ). Who raced Plymouth in the old trans-am series.
That was leased to them for , I believe one year only 1970 because all American manufactures left the series in 1971 except AMC. From what I heard when Chrysler was looking into the Barracuda They approached AAR , Which I believe Dan Gurney owns , and was refused the use of the name. But all that may be mute as the resurgence of the Barracuda may be a dead issue.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
LOL sorry to say that was going to be your Barracuda , and no one listened , but Barracuda is dead they caught too much hell for the Dart and knew Barracuda would be worse , its dead.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Now that the first is over, I'll just say this. After you follow the link, click the small Car News link directly above the title of the article then scroll down... :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.