Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a car show last year and two early 20 somethings were looking at the engine compartment. They were dressed in Vineyard Vines stuff. I wasn't paying attention but heard "Super Charger". One of them asked if I could take the engine cover off so he could see the Black Super Charger that comes with the Challengers. I said, "You're kidding right ?" He followed up with "no, but if its too difficult to remove I understand". At this point; I go with what my Dad always told me, "If someone is hell bent on making an ass out of themselves, then you should give them all the help they need".

By this time their girlfriends show up and want a picture with the "Pink" car.(I really don't mind people calling it a Pink car) I removed the engine cover and this kid proceeds to tell his friend and girlfriend that the black plastic intake is the Super Charger that comes stock with the "Challenger R/T package". To add to his show and tell, he tells his girlfriend that the script Challenger badge is how you tell there is a Super Charger installed and the white seats are a $2000 option. He did not ask how fast, how much it cost, what size engine or any of the "normal" questions I get asked during a car show. They take their pictures, say thank you and leave. My 17 year old hears all of this and almost chokes on his Mt Dew. He asked why I didn't correct them and I said I wanted to see how far he would go with it and he went all the way to the point of no return. Besides, I didn't want to embarrass him in front of his friends. But it was REALLY tempting.

Reactions: kilo1

·
Registered
416 Posts
I go with what my Dad always told me, "If someone is hell bent on making an ass out of themselves, then you should give them all the help they need".

Awesome just awesome!! I can think of another phrase that applies as well , " you cant fix stupid " - Ron White .

·
Challenger Old Guy...
6,527 Posts
Future Generations

Keep in mind here, those kids are your future Politicians.

Are you afraid yet?

:wow:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Good God!!!!!!!! There is a video of our 'Cuda some guy took at the Ocean City MD Cruise 2 years ago. We were eating at a Fast Food place and it was parked right out front so we can watch it. Some dude walks over to our car and starts video taping...walked all around the car....then walked away.

A few days later, we got a call from a buddy telling us that our "8 Second 'Cuda" was on Youtube!!! WE WISH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LrkU-dRfwU

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
You know, when his friends find out the truth(and they will), they may figure out what he really knows.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Much nicer and reps for that than I am If a so called expert steps in it I will call them out right then and there Too much bad info gets taken for knowledge anymore

·
Registered
8,516 Posts
Keep in mind here, those kids are your future Politicians.

Are you afraid yet?

Daily.......

:wow:
Much nicer and reps for that than I am If a so called expert steps in it I will call them out right then and there Too much bad info gets taken for knowledge anymore
It appears now a days the truth doesn't matter. When misconstrued information is presented well and sounds good then it must be correct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.