Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like forever ago, but I used to own a 1970 Challenger R/T Convertible. Sold it many moons ago, and always regretted doing so.

When the new Challengers first came out, I waited patiently for a convertible version to come out, then gave up after 5 years and bought a 70 Cougar Convertible. Still have it.

I was in the market for a NEW Hot Rod, so just recently pulled the trigger on a new Scat Pack Wide Body. Then sent it out for some surgery. Just got the stripes installed today.

Starting to read up on additional upgrades to be completed in the near future.

Mike
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,322 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Registered
97 Posts
all right i have to know, what would it cost me to have the top chopped off mine, yours looks awesome. please post some pics with the top up.
any issues with wind noise with the top up?

welcome from minnesota

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
28,581 Posts
Greetings from the Conch Republic

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will attach some additional pics over the weekend.

It's a lot more than just chopping the top off. Both under the car, and the interior receive stiffening steel, as well as a brace across the trunk and over the engine. The entire interior was removed for the changes to be made, and then reinstalled. Quarter windows are now operational and are power windows. Power top as well.

No issues with wind noise with the top up.

Cost was 18K, and worth it. The company does a fantastic job.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
2,380 Posts
welcome from ny

·
Registered
2018 392 / 6 Speed
103 Posts
Seems like forever ago, but I used to own a 1970 Challenger R/T Convertible. Sold it many moons ago, and always regretted doing so.

When the new Challengers first came out, I waited patiently for a convertible version to come out, then gave up after 5 years and bought a 70 Cougar Convertible. Still have it.

I was in the market for a NEW Hot Rod, so just recently pulled the trigger on a new Scat Pack Wide Body. Then sent it out for some surgery. Just got the stripes installed today.

Mike
Welcome from Las Vegas

Freaking awesome!!! I was lucky enough to sit in the original prototype Challenger at Mopars at the Strip the year SRT brought it. I have been waiting for a convertible ever since. Might be time to start looking for a salvage title Hellcat and build one! Holy crap I like that car!

--Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Welcome from the great state of Eastern Oregon.

·
Mr. Bill
2009 SRT8
4,677 Posts
Welcome from the Eastern Shore of Virginia.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I can hear some of my family now from back many years ago saying you be careful with that convertible that thing rolls over you be killed! They seemed to think a car was just rolling around town looking for a reason to flip over.... That or they knew me and my bros

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
welcome from south florida. beautiful ride congrats. any chance of some pics of the interior? especially the back seat and trunk. curious as to how much room has been taken away. either way, nicely done.

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker
15 Posts

Mike
View attachment 288262 View attachment 288262
You clean af

1 - 20 of 32 Posts