Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2018 392 / 6 Speed
103 Posts
Very Nice!! Out of curiosity are the top mechanism/window glass/regulators/interior parts readily available, or proprietary to the conversion company? Not trying to go around them, just want to know how easily repair/replacement would be.

--Jeff

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger GT AWD, Granite Crystal, Black Top, Convenience Group, car nickname: "Christine"
226 Posts
Great looking car! Congratulations and many happy miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Do not know the source for the rear quarter windows. They may just remove the original glass and modify it.

The top frame and mechanism looked to be fabricated for the conversion shop.

Conversion took about 3 weeks.

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Will attach some additional pics over the weekend.

It's a lot more than just chopping the top off. Both under the car, and the interior receive stiffening steel, as well as a brace across the trunk and over the engine. The entire interior was removed for the changes to be made, and then reinstalled. Quarter windows are now operational and are power windows. Power top as well.

No issues with wind noise with the top up.

Cost was 18K, and worth it. The company does a fantastic job.

Mike
What company did the conversion and where are they located?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Greetings from SW FL, very nice sharp looking ragtop. Amazing what can be done with some imagination... Nice

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
2,034 Posts
Seems like forever ago, but I used to own a 1970 Challenger R/T Convertible. Sold it many moons ago, and always regretted doing so.

When the new Challengers first came out, I waited patiently for a convertible version to come out, then gave up after 5 years and bought a 70 Cougar Convertible. Still have it.

I was in the market for a NEW Hot Rod, so just recently pulled the trigger on a new Scat Pack Wide Body. Then sent it out for some surgery. Just got the stripes installed today.

Starting to read up on additional upgrades to be completed in the near future.

Mike
View attachment 288262 View attachment 288262
Nicely done! DROPTOP do the conversion? Beautiful ride.

·
Registered
Challenger TA 392
21 Posts
Seems like forever ago, but I used to own a 1970 Challenger R/T Convertible. Sold it many moons ago, and always regretted doing so.

When the new Challengers first came out, I waited patiently for a convertible version to come out, then gave up after 5 years and bought a 70 Cougar Convertible. Still have it.

I was in the market for a NEW Hot Rod, so just recently pulled the trigger on a new Scat Pack Wide Body. Then sent it out for some surgery. Just got the stripes installed today.

Starting to read up on additional upgrades to be completed in the near future.

Mike
View attachment 288262 View attachment 288262
Sweet Ride wow! Enjoy

21 - 32 of 32 Posts