Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Steve, I'm 59, I had a few quick Mopars back in my 20's.... a 68 Roadrunner, a 66 Sport Fury, and a 71 Charger, as well as other brands, such as Chevelles, and a hopped up 57 Chevy. Sorta got away from the hotrods and got more into vans, trucks and Harleys. Well, I'm gettin the itch for a muscle car again and I've got my heart set on a Challenger, but I'm not sure which one to get. My budget rules out Hellcats and Demons and probably the newer SRT8's too. I'm not opposed to getting a low mileage used Challenger as long as its in great shape. Maybe you guys can tell me which one would best suit me if I explain what its gotta have. I'm lookin for the best bang for my buck.
Gotta have a 6.4L 392 engine.
Manual transmission.
8.4 U-connect.
Performance pages.
Leather seats.
Great handling.
Great brakes.
50,000 miles or less.
2015 or newer.
Under $33,000.
I've found a few that fit these parameters, some Scat Packs, a few SRT8's, and some that are listed as R/T 392's even though I don't see that model listed on the Dodge website. Are these the only models that fit these parameters, and which one would give the best bang for the buck? Thanks.
I'm glad I found this place.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,487 Posts
Welcome to the site!!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from FL!!! Good luck in your search! An R/T 392 would be a Scat Pack. Keep us posted on your search.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,858 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,655 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Old School Look!
3,391 Posts
Welcome to the Z from the upper keys. IMO: If you are a techie type guy you will like the 2015 and above. I am one of these old guys, so the 2011 to 2014 give you the right mix of tech and old school. I am always poking around looking at cars. For the dollars you are talking about you can find a nice SRT8 with low miles. You may have to make a road trip to get it, but I believe it would be worth it.

·
Registered
22,922 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
Welcome from NoCo. You will be glad you joined.

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Welcome from western NC and a 6sp scat pack used with around 18,000
miles around me go for 30-33. Carguru is your best sight to find used challengers

·
Premium Member
12,627 Posts
Welcome to the Z from WV... Glad you joined us....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts