Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get ahead of me now, this actually isn't all that impressive.

So since I bought my car it's about 90% of what I talk about at work. One of my coworkers has been shopping around for a car and asked me a ton of questions about Challengers and the like so I was happy to oblige. After many discussions deliberations and what have you, she settled on a 2010 6 speed Mustang. :4-dontknow:

When she showed up for work yesterday she was all excited, showed me pictures of her car and asked what I thought. I said, "That's a nice V6 you got there!" She asked me how I knew (badging) and I was like, "ALL I talk about is cars all day long, come on lady!" She just laughed and asked if I was "ready to get dusted", I just smiled and said "Mkay."

So we agree on some rules before hand and after work head down to a fairly close back road that generally has no traffic on it due to their being no businesses around. There's a red light and about a quarter mile down the road is an abandoned factory building, first one to the building wins.

Red light turns green and we both shoot of the line, I'm probably edging her out by a few feet. Then, it kinda all goes down hill. I slowly see her start to disappear further and further behind my view until all of a sudden I'm a few car lengths ahead and I can fully see her in my rear view mirror. When I blow past the abandoned factory it probably takes her a few seconds to catch up. Turn down a road there and when she pulls up beside me I ask what happened? "I might have missed a gear," was her sheepish reply.

Missed gear or not I'm counting it! She asked if we could go again later and I told her I'm not really one to street race but if she really likes seeing my tail lights that much I'd be happy to show 'em to her! :D

·
Registered
614 Posts
Sweet story with a happy ending. (But you knew what the ending would be before the story began)

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
Win and bragging rights to you, Dave! But be careful!

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
So, is her Mustang Grabber Blue??? If so I can see why she thought it had more than 210 HP - LOL.
You probably outweigh her by 600 lbs ± but you have almost 100 HP more and an auto trans.
I hope she has a sense of humor!

Please be careful when hitting the streets like that - be safe out there.

·
Premium Member
24,717 Posts
Agree.
And any win is just that, a win, congratulations.

Differences
13 Challenger SXT 305 hp, 268 tq, weight 3834

10 Mustang 6 cyl 210 hp, 240 tq, weight 3454

Tell her she should have bought an 11 -13 Mustang 6 to be a little more competitive. :D

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Win and bragging rights to you, Dave! But be careful!
Oh yea, that was part of the rules. I told her if any traffic was around it was no go, I already feel awkward enough racing on open roads, can never tell how someone else is going to react to your driving. But everything was clear, it's a quiet back road, straight for miles so plenty of time to see anything going on. If she wants another go I'll just tell her same thing, as long as noooobody is around!

So, is her Mustang Grabber Blue??? If so I can see why she thought it had more than 210 HP - LOL.
You probably outweigh her by 600 lbs ± but you have almost 100 HP more and an auto trans.
I hope she has a sense of humor!

Please be careful when hitting the streets like that - be safe out there.
Nah just some kind of gold :4-dontknow: I'm sure there is a specific name for it but don't know what! I mean it's a good looking car, and she's real proud of it, but when we were talking yesterday and I was asking her basic questions about it, like what engine was in it, she didn't even know. Le sigh :shakehead:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not every day you find a woman into cars. The fact she wanted to race is icing on the cake. I wonder if she has a sister....

Just kidding - that's cool she's into cars (engine size notwithstanding). Pretty sure her car is Sunset Gold which is a nice color

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.